Cari İşlem Açıklarının Sürdürülebilirliği: 2001-2011 Türkiye Örneği
[Current Account Deficits Sustainability: 2001-2011 The Case Of Turkey]
The aim of this study was re-debated in recent years begun to test whether current account deficits are sustainable. Our study has been tested with monthly data 2001:3-2011:4 period, used by Husted (1992) intertemporal model. According to the Johansen co-integration analysis, in Turkey’s economy between export and import series were found the long-term co-integration relationship. The empirical results indicate that the current account deficits are sustainable in the long run in Turkey.
|Date of creation:||15 Oct 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Çukurova Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi 3.20(2011): pp. 417-432|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huseyin Kalyoncu, 2005.
"Sustainability of Current Account for Turkey: Intertemporal Solvency Approach,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(1), pages 82-88.
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2005. "Sustainability of Current Account for Turkey: Intertemporal Solvency Approach," MPRA Paper 1220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Lau, Evan, 2005. "Current Account Deficit Sustainability: a Panel Approach," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 514-529.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau, 2004. "Current Account Deficit Sustainability: A Panel Approach," Working Papers 0073, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2004.
- Hakkio, Craig S & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Is the Budget Deficit "Too Large?"," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 429-445, July.
- Husted, Steven, 1992. "The Emerging U.S. Current Account Deficit in the 1980s: A Cointegration Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 159-166, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.