Cari İşlem Açıklarının Sürdürülebilirliği: 2001-2011 Türkiye Örneği
[Current Account Deficits Sustainability: 2001-2011 The Case Of Turkey]
The aim of this study was re-debated in recent years begun to test whether current account deficits are sustainable. Our study has been tested with monthly data 2001:3-2011:4 period, used by Husted (1992) intertemporal model. According to the Johansen co-integration analysis, in Turkey’s economy between export and import series were found the long-term co-integration relationship. The empirical results indicate that the current account deficits are sustainable in the long run in Turkey.
|Date of creation:||15 Oct 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Çukurova Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi 3.20(2011): pp. 417-432|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hakkio, Craig S & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Is the Budget Deficit "Too Large?"," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 429-45, July.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Lau, Evan, 2005.
"Current Account Deficit Sustainability: a Panel Approach,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 514-529.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau, 2004. "Current Account Deficit Sustainability: A Panel Approach," Working Papers 0073, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2004.
- Husted, Steven, 1992. "The Emerging U.S. Current Account Deficit in the 1980s: A Cointegration Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 159-66, February.
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2005.
"Sustainability of Current Account for Turkey: Intertemporal Solvency Approach,"
1220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huseyin Kalyoncu, 2005. "Sustainability of Current Account for Turkey: Intertemporal Solvency Approach," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(1), pages 82-88.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.