Mathematical Genesis of the Spatio-Temporal Covariance Functions
Obtaining new and flexible classes of nonseparable spatio-temporal covariances have resulted in a key point of research in the last years within the context of spatiotemporal Geostatistics. Approach: In general, the literature has focused on the problem of full symmetry and the problem of anisotropy has been overcome. Results: By exploring mathematical properties of positive definite functions and their close connection to covariance functions we are able to develop new spatio-temporal covariance models taking into account the problem of spatial anisotropy. Conclusion/Recommendations: The resulting structures are proved to have certain interesting mathematical properties, together with a considerable applicability.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Mathematics and Statistics 7.1(2011): pp. 37-44|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitchell, Matthew W. & Genton, Marc G. & Gumpertz, Marcia L., 2006. "A likelihood ratio test for separability of covariances," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1025-1043, May.
- Porcu, Emilio & Mateu, Jorge & Christakos, George, 2009. "Quasi-arithmetic means of covariance functions with potential applications to space-time data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(8), pages 1830-1844, September.
- Michael L. Stein, 2005. "Space-Time Covariance Functions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 310-321, March.
- P. Gregori & E. Porcu & J. Mateu & Z. Sasvári, 2008. "On potentially negative space time covariances obtained as sum of products of marginal ones," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 60(4), pages 865-882, December.
- Montserrat Fuentes, 2002. "Spectral methods for nonstationary spatial processes," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(1), pages 197-210, March.
- Gneiting T., 2002. "Nonseparable, Stationary Covariance Functions for Space-Time Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 590-600, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.