Innovative management practices and their impact on local e-government performance: The Turkish provincial municipalities
Contrary to popular belief which sees the government as reactive and resistant to change, the increasing emergence of innovative ideas particularly in the field of local services yielded a wide range of interactions. This was due to address new policy challenges, improve productivity, better serve and more fully engage a changing citizenry. Practicing new ideas triggered more innovativeness. The paradigm of NPM and later the phenomenon of e-government are well studied. However, the relationship among innovative management practices and their impact on e-government performances require a deeper understanding. Thus, our paper seeks to shed some light on this issue by exploring what type of local services were transformed online and at what level. Then, in accordance with the organizational dynamics of innovation, we developed hypotheses to inquire the impact of innovative management practices on local e-government performance of Turkish provinces. Mann-Whitney U statistics were carried out to find out which of the groups that were statistically significant different from one another. The results indicated significant findings. The provincial local governments which adopted innovative management practices tend to have higher local e-government performances.
|Date of creation:||14 Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in African Journal of Business Management 24.5(2011): pp. 10190-10197|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aykut, Arslan, 2007. "Turkish Local e-Governments: a Longitudinal Study," MPRA Paper 20701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frambach, Ruud T. & Schillewaert, Niels, 2002. "Organizational innovation adoption: a multi-level framework of determinants and opportunities for future research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 163-176, February.
- Jan Fagerberg & David C Mowery & Bart Verspagen, 2009.
"The evolution of Norway's national innovation system,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 36(6), pages 431-444, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Mowery, David C & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "The evolution of Norway’s national innovation system," MPRA Paper 19330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan Fagerberg & David Mowery & Bart Verspagen, 2008. "Innovation-systems, path-dependency and policy: The co-evolution of science, technology and innovation policy and industrial structure in a small, resource-based economy," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20080624, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Aykut, Arslan, 2009. "A Strategic Orientation Model for the Turkish Local e-Governments," MPRA Paper 20704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.