Monetary policy restriction and dividend behavior of Pakistani firms: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Muhammad Shahzad Ashraf & Hasan M. Mohsin, 2012. "Monetary Policy Restriction and Dividend Behaviour of Pakistani Firms: An Empirical Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 51(4), pages 683-693.
References listed on IDEAS
- I.M. Ramesh Bhat, 2007.
"Dividend behaviour of Indian companies under monetary policy restrictions,"
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 14-25, January.
- Bhat Ramesh & Pandey I M, 2004. "Dividend Behaviour of Indian Companies Under Monetary Policy Restrictions," IIMA Working Papers WP2004-05-07, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Garrett, Ian & Priestley, Richard, 2000. "Dividend Behaviour and Dividend Signaling," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 173-189, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 2000.
"Agency Problems and Dividend Policies around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "Agency Problems and Dividend Policies Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1839, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998. "Agency Problems and Dividend Policies Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya & Amin Mawani & Cameron K.J. Morrill, 2008. "Dividend payout and executive compensation: theory and Canadian evidence," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(8), pages 585-601, July.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004. "A Catering Theory of Dividends," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1125-1165, June.
- Doron Nissim, 2001. "Dividend Changes and Future Profitability," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2111-2133, December.
- John Goddard & David G. McMillan & John O.S. Wilson, 2006. "Dividend smoothing vs dividend signalling: evidence from UK firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(6), pages 493-504.
- Rashid Ameer, 2008.
"Product market competition, regulation and dividend payout policy of Malaysian banks,"
Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 318-334, November.
- Ameer, Rashid, 2007. "Product Market Competition, Regulation and Dividend Payout Policy of Malaysian Banks," MPRA Paper 8579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed, Hafeez & Javid, Attiya Yasmin, 2008. "Dynamics and determinants of dividend policy in Pakistan (evidence from Karachi stock exchange non-financial listed firms)," MPRA Paper 37342, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- N. Bhattacharyya, 2007. "Dividend policy: a review," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 4-13, January.
- Varouj Aivazian & Laurence Booth & Sean Cleary, 2003. "Do Emerging Market Firms Follow Different Dividend Policies From U.S. Firms?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 371-387.
- Omneya Abdelsalam & Ahmed El-Masry & Sabri Elsegini, 2008. "Board composition, ownership structure and dividend policies in an emerging market: Further evidence from CASE 50," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(12), pages 953-964, October.
- Khaled Hussainey & Jinan Aal-Eisa, 2009. "Disclosure and dividend signalling when sustained earnings growth declines," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(5), pages 445-454, May.
More about this item
KeywordsDividend payment; Monetary Policy;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HME-2011-10-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-10-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .