Looking East, looking West: Penang as a knowledge hub
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Evers, Hans-Dieter & Genschick, Sven & Schraven, Benjamin, 2009. "Constructing Epistemic Landscapes: Methods of GIS-Based Mapping," MPRA Paper 17135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evers, Hans-Dieter & Gerke, Solvay & Menkhoff, Thomas, 2010. "Knowledge Clusters and Knowledge Hubs: Designing Epistemic Landscapes for Development," MPRA Paper 33956, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Oct 2011.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donald M. Seekins, 2015. "Japan’s Development Ambitions for Myanmar: The Problem of “Economics before Politics”," Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 34(2), pages 113-138.
- Hans-Dieter Evers & Solvay Gerke, 2015. "Knowledge Cluster Formation as a Science Policy in Malaysia: Lessons Learned," Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 34(1), pages 115-137.
- von Braun, Joachim & Gerber, Nicolas & Mirzabaev, Alisher & Nkonya, Ephraim M., 2013. "The Economics of Land Degradation," Working Papers 147910, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Siriwardane, Rapti & Winands, Sarah, 2013. "Between hope and hype: Traditional knowledge(s) held by marginal communities," Working Papers 151401, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Purwaningrum, Farah & Evers, Hans-Dieter & Ariff Lim, Syamimi & Anthony Banyouko, Ndah, 2014. "The Governance of Knowledge: Perspectives from Brunei Darussalam and Malaysia," MPRA Paper 55170, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsKnowledge; knowledge for development; science policy; economic development; knowledge clusters; research output; Malaysia; India; China; ASEAN;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-KNM-2011-10-15 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2011-10-15 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SEA-2011-10-15 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33980. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.