Globalization and its Effects on Regional Variations in Factor Substitution and Returns to Scale in the Indian Factory Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Zellner & N. S. Revankar, 1969. "Generalized Production Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 241-250.
- Sato, Ryuzo, 1975. "The Most General Class of CES Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 999-1003, Sept.-Nov.
- Jesus Felipe & F. Gerard Adams, 2005.
""A Theory of Production" The Estimation of the Cobb-Douglas Function: A Retrospective View,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 427-445, Summer.
- Jesus Felipe & F. Gerard Adams, 2004. ""A theory of production" the estimation of the Cobb-Douglas function: A retrospective view," CAMA Working Papers 2004-11, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Lall, Somik V. & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2004.
"Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 643-673, April.
- Lall, Somik & Shalizi, Zmarak & Deichmann, Uwe, 2001. "Agglomeration economies and productivity in Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2663, The World Bank.
- Amitava K. Dutt & J. Mohan Rao, 2000. "Globalization and its Social Discontents: The Case of India," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2000-06, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobalization; liberalization; industrialization; manufacturing sector; regional distribution; inequality; production function; variable returns to scale; substitution; factors of productions; India; state-level data;
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-05-19 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-05-19 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.