O potencial criador de emprego e renda do turismo no Brasil
[The potential to create employment and income from tourism in Brazil]
The main objective of this paper is to asses the tourism activity in Brazil, and examine, particularly, its capacity to generate employment. To this aim an input output matrix, that considers the tourism as a set of sectors of the economy, was computed for the year 2006. This matrix made it possible to examine the main relationships between tourism and the rest of the economy. Forward linkages and backward linkages of the tourism sector were computed. In addition, the effects of the development of the tourism sector on income and employment were analyzed and compared in this respect with the average of the Brazilian economy.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Casimiro Filho, Francisco & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2003.
"Matriz de insumo-produto para a economia turística brasileira: construção e análise das relações intersetoriais
[Input-output matrix for the Brazilian tourism economy: construction and analysis of ," MPRA Paper 37963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sonis, M. & Hewings, G. J. D., 2005. "Linkages and Multipliers in a Multiregional Framework: Integration of Alternative Approaches," MPRA Paper 38213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Camelia Surugiu & Cristi Frent & Marius Surugiu, 2009. "Tourism and its impact upon the Romanian economy: an input-output approach," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 56, pages 355-376, November.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521739023.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517133.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.