Structural Change and Macrodynamic Capabilities
In this paper we intend to study some mechanisms that block a rapid diffusion of technological progress from advanced to underdeveloped countries. In order to accomplish this task we focus on two approaches that challenge the view that technological gaps between rich and poor nations are diminishing. The first is the structural economic dynamic approach and the second is the evolutionary view. Both of them reveal that the elimination of the technological gaps between rich and poor nations is more complex than what is been reported by the mainstream theory of economic growth.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & JoanÌlio Rodolpho Teixeira, 2003.
"An Extension of the Structural Change Model to International Economic Relations,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 458-473, November.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Teixeira, Joanílio Rodolpho, 2003. "An Extension of the Structural Change Model to International Economic Relations," MPRA Paper 53291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert E. Lucas, 2000. "Some Macroeconomics for the 21st Century," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 159-168, Winter.
- James Bessen, 2002. "Technology Adoption Costs and Productivity Growth: The Transition to Information Technology," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(2), pages 443-469, April.
- Philippe Aghion, 2002.
"Schumpeterian Growth Theory and the Dynamics of Income Inequality,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 855-882, May.
- Aghion, Philippe, 2002. "Schumpeterian Growth Theory and the Dynamics of Income Inequality," Scholarly Articles 3350067, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1997. "Reflections on the Concept of Balance-Of-Payments–Constrained Growth," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 377-385, March.
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid, 1999. "Mexico's Economic Growth and the Balance of Payments Constraint: A cointegration analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 149-159.
- Reati, Angelo, 1998. "Technological revolutions in Pasinetti's model of structural change: productivity and prices," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 245-262, June.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Joanílio Rodolpho Teixeira, 2004. "Structural economic dynamics: an alternative approach to North--South models," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 705-717, September.
- Oda, Sobei H., 1999. "Trade in capital goods generated by international diffusion of technology," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 195-208, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.