An Extension of the Structural Change Model to International Economic Relations
In this paper Pasinetti's model of structural economic dynamics (1981) is extended to consider international economic relations. Conditions for full employment, full expenditure of income and equilibrium of the trade balance are established for an open economy that requires capital goods to produce final commodities. Analytical results concerning the benefits from free trade and international learning are formally studied. In addition, static and dynamic aspects of the 'principle of comparative cost advantage' are analysed considering the determinants of the specialization level. Copyright Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2003.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 54 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0026-1386|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0026-1386|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Teixeira, Joanilio Rodolpho, 2002.
"Structural change and decisions on investment allocation,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 249-258, June.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Teixeira, Joanílio Rodolpho, 2002. "Structural Change and Decisions on Investment Allocation," MPRA Paper 53293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pasinetti, Luigi L, 1988. "Growing Subsystems, Vertically Hyper-integrated Sectors and the Labour Theory of Value," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 125-34, March.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Joanilio Rodolpho Teixeira, 2004. "A Pasinettian approach to international economic relations: the pure labor case," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 117-129.
- Reati, Angelo, 1998. "Technological revolutions in Pasinetti's model of structural change: productivity and prices," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 245-262, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:metroe:v:54:y:2003:i:4:p:458-473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.