A Review on Liao’s Dissertation Entitled “The Solutions on Multi-choice Games” and Related Publications
In 2007, Liao finished his Ph.d. dissertation(Liao 2007) entitled “The Solutions on Multi-choice Games”. Chapter 1 of the dissertation mainly worked on two special cases of the H&R multi-choice Shapley value. One assumes that the weight function w(j) is a positive constant function for all j 6= 0 with w(0) = 0 and the other one assumes that the weight function w(j) = j for all j. If w(j) ’s are equal for all j > 0 then the formula of H&R multi-choice Shapley value can be significantly simplified to the original formula of the traditional Shapley value for the traditional games. Therefore, as a matter of fact, Definitions 1 and 2 in Chapter 1 of the dissertation  are simply the traditional Shapley value. Hence, in most part of Chapter 1, Liao was just writing “new results” of traditional games in terms of the notations of multi-choice games. Furthermore, the dissertation  did not cited (1994), (1995a) and (1996) which held the original ideas of its main part of chapter 1.
|Date of creation:||12 Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1995. "A note on non-essential players in multi-choice cooperative games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 424-432.
- Yan-An Hwang & Yu-Hsien Liao, 2008. "Potential In Multi-Choice Cooperative Tu Games," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 25(05), pages 591-611.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1995. "A Value for Continuously-Many-Choice Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 24(3), pages 273-92.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:43:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru, 1996. "Consistency of the Multi-Choice Shapley Value," MPRA Paper 18504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hwang, Yan-An & Liao, Yu-Hsien, 2008. "Potential approach and characterizations of a Shapley value in multi-choice games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 321-335, November.
- Hsiao, Chih-Ru & Yeh, Yeong-Nan & Mo, Jie-Ping, 1994. "The Potential of Multi-choice Cooperative Games," MPRA Paper 15007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:40:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Derks, Jean & Peters, Hans, 1993. "A Shapley Value for Games with Restricted Coalitions," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 21(4), pages 351-60.
- Yu-Hsien Liao, 2009. "Dividend approach and level consistency for the Derks and Peters value," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1054-1062.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.