Urban growth and productivity: the case of Greece
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald L. Moomaw, 1981. "Productivity and City Size: A Critique of the Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-688.
- John S. Chipman, 1970. "External Economies of Scale and Competitive Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 347-385.
- Stanley M. Besen, 1968. "Education and Productivity in U.S. Manufacturing: Some Cross-Section Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 494-494.
- Henderson, J. V., 1982. "The impact of government policies on urban concentration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 280-303, November.
- Henderson, J Vernon, 1983. "Industrial Bases and City Sizes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 164-168, May.
- Segal, David, 1976. "Are There Returns to Scale in City Size?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(3), pages 339-350, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel J Graham, 2009. "Identifying urbanisation and localisation externalities in manufacturing and service industries," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 63-84, March.
- H. Louri & V. Anagnostaki, 1995.
"Entry in Greek Manufacturing Industry: Athens vs the Rest of Greece,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(7), pages 1127-1133, August.
- Louri, H. & Anagnostaki, V., 1994. "Entry in Greek manufacturing industry: Athens vs the rest of Greece," MPRA Paper 29937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Louri, Helen, 1989. "Regional policy and investment behaviour: The case of Greece, 1971-1982," MPRA Paper 40229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chorianopoulos, Ioannis, 2000. "Urban Restructuring And Governance: North-South Differences In Europe And The Eu Urban Initiatives," ERSA conference papers ersa00p379, European Regional Science Association.
- Ioannis Chorianopoulos, 2008. "Institutional Responses to EU Challenges: Attempting to Articulate a Local Regulatory Scale in Greece," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 324-343, June.
- Daniel Graham, 2000. "Spatial Variation in Labour Productivity in British Manufacturing," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 323-341.
- Lourens Broersma & Jan Oosterhaven, 2009. "Regional Labor Productivity In The Netherlands: Evidence Of Agglomeration And Congestion Effects," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 483-511.
More about this item
Keywordsurbanisation; labour productivity; manufacturing;
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .