Relation éducation croissance économique au Maroc Long terme ou court terme?
[Education and Economic Growth in Morocco: short-term or long term relationship?]
The aim of this paper is to shed light on the relationship between education and growth in Morocco. Econometric tools (Granger-causality tests and cointegration) was used to evaluate the existence and direction of the relationship. The results show a significant short-term causality between education (proxied by enrollment rates in all three levels: primary, secondary and tertiary) and growth in both direction. However, no stable long-term could be found. This suggests that this relationship is indeed not mechanistic. Educational policies and functioning of the labor market explain this fact.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-43, May.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?,"
8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Caroli, Eve, 1994.
"Croissance et formation : le rôle de la politique éducative,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/10087, Paris Dauphine University.
- Eve Caroli, 1994. "Croissance et formation : le rôle de la politique éducative," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 116(5), pages 49-61.
- de Meulemeester, Jean-Luc & Rochat, Denis, 1995.
"A causality analysis of the link between higher education and economic development,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 351-361, December.
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester & Denis Rochat, 1995. "A causality analysis of the link between higher education and economic development," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1573, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lau, Lawrence J. & Jamison, Dean T. & Louat, Frederic F., 1991. "Education and productivity in developing countries : an aggregate production function approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 612, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.