Governance and Enterprise Restructuring in Southeast Europe – gross domestic product and foreign direct investments
This paper is to be concerned with the corporate governance mechanisms’ influence on governance and enterprise restructuring in Southeast Europe (Western Balkans) transition economies: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. The institutional changes and corporate governance mechanisms in national governance systems are essentially important for the transition process, thus there are specificities of corporate governance mechanisms in transition economies that indicate the progress towards market based economy. Most notable are: the market-based corporate governance mechanisms, management-structure based corporate governance mechanisms, ownership structure, boards of directors, management compensations schemes, that is, management structures and financial structures. Corporate governance mechanisms are seen through governance and enterprise restructuring indicator which has already established link to gross domestic product and foreign direct investments in the literature. The data set is of Southeast European economies, and will be examined the interrelationships between governance and enterprise restructuring, set of policies that influence the governance patterns, gross domestic product and foreign direct investments.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
NBER Working Papers
5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Michael Weisbach, 2010. "Corporate Governance," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number weis10-1.
- Son Le & Mark Kroll & Bruce Walters, 2010. "The impact of institutional changes on corporate governance mechanisms in transition economies," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 14(2), pages 91-114, May.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Apostolov, Mico, 2010. "Corporate Governance in Macedonia – micro and macro analysis," MPRA Paper 27914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mico Apostolov, 2011.
"Governance and Enterprise Restructuring: The Case of Macedonia,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 18(2), pages 299-309, December.
- Apostolov, Mico, 2011. "Governance and Enterprise Restructuring - the case of Macedonia," MPRA Paper 29098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Apostolov, Mico, 2011. "Governance and enterprise restructuring - the case of Macedonia," MPRA Paper 30812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.