Implication of Single Euro Payments Area for financial services market. The case of Romania
For our country, the development and the modernization of the national system of payments were and are a prevalent subject of the financial arena, after the socialist period since 1990. The purpose of this study is to examine the actual status and the future application of Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA). Frameworks, based on the Romanian experience. The study is structured on chapters that present the theoretical background of the theme, the strategy for the adoption and migration to SEPA payment instruments, the actual stage and the challenges of the SEPA implementation in Romania. Our aim is to underline the importance of adopting Single Euro Payments in our country and to present its overall impact on the national financial services market. Although Romania may be facing obstacles in terms of joining the Euro zone, it is already well integrated in terms of payment infrastructures and has already put in place SEPA instruments.
|Date of creation:||25 Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baxter, William F, 1983. "Bank Interchange of Transactional Paper: Legal and Economic Perspectives," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 541-88, October.
- repec:bpj:rneart:v:6:y:2007:i:4:p:453-473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Schmalensee, 2001.
"Payment Systems and Interchange Fees,"
NBER Working Papers
8256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido K. Schaefer, 2008. "An Economic Analysis of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)," FIW Working Paper series 011, FIW.
- Chakravorti, Sujit & To, Ted, 2007. "A theory of credit cards," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 583-595, June.
- Julian Wright, 2004.
"The Determinants of Optimal Interchange Fees in Payment Systems,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 1-26, 03.
- Julian Wright, 2001. "The Determinants of Optimal Interchange Fees in Payment Systems," Industrial Organization 0108001, EconWPA.
- Wright, Julian, 2001. "The Determinants of Optimal Interchange Fees in Payment Systems," Working Papers 176, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2002. "Cooperation Among Competitors: Some Economics Of Payment Card Associations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 549-570, Winter.
- Bolt Wilko & Humphrey David, 2007.
"Payment Network Scale Economies, SEPA, and Cash Replacement,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(4), pages 1-21, December.
- Wilko Bolt & David B. Humphrey, 2007. "Payment network scale economies, SEPA, and cash replacement," Working Papers 07-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.