The narrative and the algorithm: Genres of credit reporting from the nineteenth century to today
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hyman, Louis, 2008. "Debtor Nation: How Consumer Credit Built Postwar America," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 614-618, December.
- Poon, Martha, 2009. "From new deal institutions to capital markets: Commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 654-674, July.
- Rosenthal, Howard, 2001. "Navigating Failure: Bankruptcy and Commercial Society in Antebellum America. By Edward J. Balleisen. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2001. Pp. xv, 322. $55.00, cloth; $18.75, paper," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 861-862, September.
- Martha Poon, 2009. "From New Deal institutions to capital markets: commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance," Post-Print halshs-00359712, HAL.
- Martha Poon, 2009. "From New Deal institutions to capital markets: commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance," CSI Working Papers Series 014, Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech.
More about this item
Keywordscredit score; credit reporting; credit; information economy; surveillance; FICO;
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- N82 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-01-30 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2011-01-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.