The narrative and the algorithm: Genres of credit reporting from the nineteenth century to today
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hyman, Louis, 2008. "Debtor Nation: How Consumer Credit Built Postwar America," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 614-618, December.
- Poon, Martha, 2009. "From new deal institutions to capital markets: Commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 654-674, July.
- Rosenthal, Howard, 2001. "Navigating Failure: Bankruptcy and Commercial Society in Antebellum America. By Edward J. Balleisen. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2001. Pp. xv, 322. $55.00, cloth; $18.75, paper," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 861-862, September.
- Martha Poon, 2009. "From New Deal institutions to capital markets: commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance," Post-Print halshs-00359712, HAL.
- Martha Poon, 2009. "From New Deal institutions to capital markets: commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance," CSI Working Papers Series 014, Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech.
More about this item
Keywordscredit score; credit reporting; credit; information economy; surveillance; FICO;
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- N82 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-01-30 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2011-01-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .