Modeling the volatility of FTSE All Share Index Returns
We tested different GARCH models in modeling the volatility of stock returns in London Stock Exchange. The monthly returns of FTSE All Share Index during the period of February 1965 and October 2002 and GARCH, TGARCH, EGARCH, and AGARCH models have been used for the analysis.
|Date of creation:||27 Apr 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2005:i:19:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Lee, Byung-Joo, 1992. "A Heteroskedasticity Test Robust to Conditional Mean Misspecification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 159-71, January.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Terence Tai-leung Chong, 2005. "Autoregressive Lag Length Selection Criteria in the Presence of ARCH Errors," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(19), pages 1-5.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28095. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.