Civic norms, social sanctions and voting turnout
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:80:y:1986:i:02:p:613-624_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:81:y:1987:i:01:p:45-65_19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chapman, Randall G & Palda, Kristian S, 1983. " Electoral Turnout in Rational Voting and Consumption Perspectives," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 337-346, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:76:y:1982:i:03:p:502-521_18 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stocké, Volker, 2005. "Response privacy and elapsed time since election day as determinants for vote overreporting," Papers 05-42, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Knack, Stephen, 2000.
"Deterring Voter Registration through Juror Selection Practices: Evidence from Survey Data,"
Springer, vol. 103(1-2), pages 49-62, April.
- Stephen Knack, 2000. "Deterring Voter Registration Through Juror Selection Practices: Evidence from Survey Data," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 49-62, April.
- Andreas P. Kyriacou, 2011. "Rational Irrationality and Group Size: The Effect of Biased Beliefs on Individual Contributions Towards Collective Goods," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(1), pages 109-130, January.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Olof Johansson-Stenman, 2010. "Why Do You Vote and Vote as You Do?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 495-516, November.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2010.
"Analyzing collective action,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 155-166, November.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "Analyzing Collective Action," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53215, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lydia Mechtenberg & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2016.
"Voter Motivation and the Quality of Democratic Choice,"
16-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Mechtenberg, Lydia & Tyran, Jean-Robert, 2016. "Voter Motivation and the Quality of Democratic Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 11622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martha Kropf, 2009. "Won't You Be My Neighbor? Norms of Cooperation, Public Broadcasting, and the Collective Action Problem," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 90(3), pages 538-552.
- Gintis, Herbert, 2016. "Homo Ludens: Social rationality and political behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 126(PB), pages 95-109.
- Coleman, Stephen, 2014. "Evolution of the Russian Political Party System under the Influence of Social Conformity: 1993-2011," MPRA Paper 59038, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niklas Potrafke & Felix Rösel, 2016. "A Banana Republic? Trust in Electoral Institutions in Western Democracies - Evidence from a Presidential Election in Austria," CESifo Working Paper Series 6254, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fehr, Ernst & Gachter, Simon, 1998. "Reciprocity and economics: The economic implications of Homo Reciprocans1," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 845-859, May.
- Niklas Potrafke & Felix Rösel, 2016.
"Opening Hours of Polling Stations and Voter Turnout: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6036, CESifo Group Munich.
- Niklas Potrafke & Felix Rösel, 2018. "Opening Hours of Polling Stations and Voter Turnout: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," ifo Working Paper Series 257, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Stocké, Volker & Stark, Tobias, 2005. "Stichprobenverzerrung durch Item-Nonresponse in der international vergleichenden Politikwissenschaft," Papers 05-43, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Stocké, Volker & Stark, Tobias, 2005. "Stichprobenverzerrung durch Item-Nonresponse in der international vergleichenden Politikwissenschaft," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 05-43, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Stocké, Volker & Stark, Tobias, 2006. "Political involvement and memory failure as interdependent determinants of vote overreporting," Papers 06-01, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Sara E. Helms & Stanley Presser, 2008. "How Social Processes Distort Measurement: The Impact of Survey Nonresponse on Estimates of Volunteer Work," NBER Working Papers 14076, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsvoting; elections; collective action; social sanctions; free riding;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .