Assessing the Impact of Poverty Reduction Programs in Vietnam
This paper aims to examine the poverty targeting and impacts of three poverty reeducation programs including programs ‘exemption of educational fees’, ‘provision with health care insurance’, and ‘micro-credit for the poor’ in Vietnam. It is found that the three programs have reached the poor quite well as compared to the international standard. The poor account for around 70 percent of participants in these programs. However the coverage of the programs over the poor is rather low, from 5 percent for the credit program to 11 percent for the health insurance program. There is no impact of the programs found on expenditure per capita, since it might take a long time for the programs to have large effects on income and expenditure. On average, households who were provided with preferential credit are more likely to have a pig, cow, buffalo, horse than other households.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity score matching methods for non-experimental causal studies,"
0102-14, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002. "Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dehejia, R.H. & Wahba, S., 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-Experimental Causal Studies," Discussion Papers 1998_02, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- David Coady & Margaret Grosh & John Hoddinott, 2004. "Targeting of Transfers in Developing Countries : Review of Lessons and Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14902.
- Heckman, James J & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Todd, Petra, 1998. "Matching as an Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 261-94, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.