University departments evaluation: a multivariate approach
Aim of the paper is to present a new model, based on multivariate statistic analyses, allowing to express a synthetic judgement on Departments activities by taking into consideration the whole set of indicators describing them both as aggregations of researchers and as University autonomous organs. The model, based on Principal Component Analysis and Cluster Analysis, allows both to explain the determinants of Departments performances, and to classify them into homogeneous groups. The paper shows the results obtained by testing the proposed model on University of Naples “L’Orientale” Departments, using data extracted by the 2007 assessment report to the Ministry of University and Research.
|Date of creation:||15 Apr 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Peter Neary & James A. Mirrlees & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Evaluating Economics Research in Europe: An Introduction," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1239-1249, December.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2010.
"Do rankings reflect research quality?,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 1-38, May.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2008. "Do Rankings Reflect Research Quality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2443, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2008. "Do Rankings Reflect Research Quality?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Katja Rost, 2008. "Do Rankings Reflect Research Quality?," IEW - Working Papers 390, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- repec:rie:review:v:12:y:2007:i:2:n:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rie:review:v:12:y:2007:i:2:n:9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dahlia K. Remler & Elda Pema, 2009. "Why do Institutions of Higher Education Reward Research While Selling Education?," NBER Working Papers 14974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcuzzo Maria Cristina & Zacchia Giulia, 2007. "L'ECONLIT e gli strumenti per la valutazione della ricerca economica in Italia," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 277-306.
- Lippi Marco & Peracchi Franco, 2007. "Il primo esercizio italiano di valutazione della ricerca: una prima valutazione," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 267-276.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.