Investīciju struktūra un ekonomikas izaugsme Latvijā
[Investment Structure and Economic Growth in Latvia]
The aim of the paper is to estimate the influence of different structural elements of investment on the process of economic growth in Latvia. Author presents the brief review of the main development trends of the modern economic growth theory. The dynamics and structure of the nonfinancial investment of the Latvian enterprises is analyzed. The results of econometric analysis of the investment structure model presented in this paper show that intangible investment, investment in nonresidential buildings and machinery investment are the most significant factors influencing the level of labor force productivity in Latvia.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blomström, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E & Zejan, Mario, 1993.
"Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997.
"Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
03, Central Bank of Chile.
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996. " Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-89, September.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Summers, Lawrence H., 1993. "How strongly do developing economies benefit from equipment investment?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-415, December.
- Titarenko, Deniss, 2008.
"Investīcijas kā Latvijas ekonomikas izaugsmes faktors
[Investments as a Growth Factor of the Latvian Economy]," MPRA Paper 16775, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.