On the Way to Modernization: The 'Good Enough' Governance Making in Romania
‘To be or not to be good governance' has probably been a question of interest to scholars for many centuries now; the issue of how to measure it as to offer alternatives for governmental actions however became of interest only recently. In this respect, this paper explores the concept of 'good enough' governance in the context provided by Robert Dahl's theory on democratization. In doing so, it elaborates the idea according to which good enough governance may be interpreted as a minimal democratic system in need of a minimal democratic administrative practice. The validation of this theoretical tool is to be completed against the Romanian administrative reform as assessed by the national strategic documents and the European Commission Regular and Monitoring Reports of 1998-2006. The larger scope of the paper is to offer a comprehensive image of the 'good enough' governance inside the spectrum of the building of a consolidated democracy
|Date of creation:||25 Apr 2009|
|Date of revision:||28 May 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucica Matei, 2006. "Public Sector and Europeanization Challenges," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 2(2(497)), pages 27-34, April.
- Ani Matei & Lucica Matei, 2008. "Globalization and Europeanization. A Projection on a European Model of Public Administration," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 4(4(521)), pages 33-52, April.
- Lucica Matei & Diana-Camelia Iancu, 2007. "Theoretical Delimitations: The Europeanization Of Public Administration And Its Institutional Levers," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 6(6(511)(su), pages 93-110, June.
- Robin Hambleton, 2000. "Modernising Political Management in Local Government," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(5-6), pages 931-950, May.
- Vachudova, Milada Anna, 2005. "Europe Undivided: Democracy, Leverage, and Integration After Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199241194, December.
- Oecd, 1998. "Preparing Public Administrations for the European Administrative Space," SIGMA Papers 23, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.