Evaluación de los efectos de la remoción de medidas para-arancelarias sobre las exportaciones argentinas de productos textiles
[Assessing the efects of eliminating non-tariff barriers over the Argentine Textile Exports]
This paper offers a quantification of price differentials not explained by tariff policy and the assessment of efficiency costs burned on different economic agents involved in textile products trade between Argentina (exporter) and Brazil (domestic producer). Simulations are carried out to show the effects of the distortion of price differentials, considered like non tariff barriers or a set of them and others obstacle to trade. From the removal of non tariff barriers results that consumers and exporters obtain grater consumer surplus and profits, respectively, while domestic producers loose part of their producer surplus. Consumers and exporters are better because of changes in terms of trade; in some products consumers obtain graters benefits than exporters and vice versa. Likewise, changes in elasticities (direct elasticity of supply and demand) were simulated to observe distortions in previous results.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2001.
"The Optimal Tax on Antebellum U.S. Cotton Exports,"
NBER Working Papers
8689, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Namdoo Kim, 1996. "Measuring the Costs of Visible Protection in Korea," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 33.
- Raymond Atje & Gary Clyde Hufbauer, 1996. "The Market Structure Benefits of Trade and Investment Liberalization," Working Paper Series WP96-7, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Donnelly, William A. & Johnson, Kyle & Tsigas, Marinos E. & Ingersoll, David, 2004. "Revised Armington Elasticities of Substitution for the USITC Model and the Concordance for Constructing a Consistent Set for the GTAP Model," Working Papers 15861, United States International Trade Commission, Office of Economics.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Kimberly Ann Elliott, 1994. "Measuring the Costs of Protection in the United States," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 77.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Geoffrey E. Wood, 1989. "An introduction to non-tariff barriers to trade," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 32-46.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17898. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.