Export and Economic Growth in India: Causal Interpretation
The present study focuses on the cointegration between Export and Gross Domestic Product and its components at current and constant prices. Time series data for Export and Gross Domestic Product and its components has been taken for the period 1950-51 to 2001-02. In the long run export and GDP reveal that export and GDP at constant prices are not cointegrable while export and GDP at current prices are cointegrable and also the direction of causality is positive. In the short run, through error correction mechanism it has been observed that GDP as dependent variable and export as an independent variable show that short run changes in export have affected positively to GDP and its components.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2006|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Global Economy 4.2(2006): pp. 245-277|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 1991. "Exports, imports, and economic growth in semi-industrialized countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 93-116, January.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Mohtadi, Hamid & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1991. "Exports, growth and causality in LDCs : A re-examination," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 405-415, October.
- Kavoussi, Rostam M., 1984. "Export expansion and economic growth : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 241-250.
- Chow, Peter C. Y., 1987. "Causality between export growth and industrial development : Empirial evidence from the NICs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 55-63, June.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.