Une note sur la règle du taux d’intérêt et le rôle de la courbe LM
[A note on the interest rate rule and the role of LM curve]
This note takes part in the debate on the topic “a macroeconomics without LM”. It shows that, when the central bank does not control directly the interest rates on the money and financial markets, LM curve has another role to play than to determine in an endogenous way the money supply when the monetary policy is specified in terms of interest rate rule. In effect, flexible price LM curve makes it possible to specify the expected inflation rate dynamics within an analytical framework generally adopted by the economists defending the idea of abandoning LM in the teaching of the macroeconomics in first cycle.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Gordon, 1997.
"The Time-Varying NAIRU and Its Implications for Economic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-32, Winter.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "The Time-Varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 5735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1996. "The Time-varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1492, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dai, Meixing & Sidiropoulos, Moïse, 2002. "Règle du taux d'intérêt optimale, prix des actions et taux d'inflation anticipé : une étude de la stabilité macroéconomique
[Optimal interest rate rule, asset prices and expected inflation rate : a," MPRA Paper 14401, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2003.
- Benjamin Friedman, 2003. "The LM Curve: A Not-So-Fond Farewell," NBER Working Papers 10123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Romer, 2000. "Keynesian Macroeconomics without the LM Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 149-169, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.