Returns to Qualification in Informal Employment: A Study of Urban Youth in Egypt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esfahani, Hadi S & Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad, 1989. "Effort Observability and Worker Productivity: Towards an Explanation of Economic Dualism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 818-836, September.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Carneiro, Pedro, 2005.
"Enforcement of Regulation, Informal Labor and Firm Performance,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1759, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2006. "Enforcement of regulation, informal labor and firm performance," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Currie, Janet & Madrian, Brigitte C., 1999. "Health, health insurance and the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 50, pages 3309-3416 Elsevier.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud S & Wright, Peter W, 2000. "Formal and Informal Credit Markets in Egypt," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 657-670, April.
- Fatma El-Hamidi & Mona Said, 2014. "Gender-based wage and occupational inequality in the new millenium in Egypt," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(1), pages 21-41, January-M.
- Marcouiller, Douglas & Ruiz de Castilla, Veronica & Woodruff, Christopher, 1997.
"Formal Measures of the Informal-Sector Wage Gap in Mexico, El Salvador, and Peru,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 367-392, January.
- Douglas Marcouiller, S.J. & Veronica Ruiz de Castilla & Christopher Woodruff, 1995. "Formal Measures of the Informal Sector Wage Gap in Mexico, El Salvador, and Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 294., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "The Efficiency Wage Hypothesis, Surplus Labour, and the Distribution of Income in L.D.C.s," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 185-207, July.
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- repec:pit:wpaper:338 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dirk Willem te Velde, 2003. "Do Workers in Africa Get a Wage Premium if Employed in Firms Owned by Foreigners?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(1), pages 41-73, March.
- Maloney, William F, 1999. "Does Informality Imply Segmentation in Urban Labor Markets? Evidence from Sectoral Transitions in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 275-302, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmed Fayez Abdelgouad, 2014. "Labor Law Reforms and Labor Market Performance in Egypt," Working Paper Series in Economics 314, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- repec:pje:journl:article13winii is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinformal employment; youth employment; human capital; developing country labor markets; wage regression;
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J42 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Monopsony; Segmented Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-05-09 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2009-05-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2009-05-09 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.