Benchmark forecasts for climate change
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Scott Armstrong & Kesten C. Green & Willie Soon, 2008.
"Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit,"
INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 382-405, October.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C. & Soon, Willie, 2007. "Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit," MPRA Paper 6317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kesten C. Green & J. Scott Armstrong, 2007.
"Global Warming: Forecasts by Scientists Versus Scientific Forecasts,"
Energy & Environment,
, vol. 18(7), pages 997-1021, December.
- Green, Kesten C. & Armstrong, J. Scott, 2007. "Global warming: Forecasts by scientists versus scientific forecasts," MPRA Paper 4361, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fildes, Robert & Kourentzes, Nikolaos, 2011. "Validation and forecasting accuracy in models of climate change," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 968-995, October.
More about this item
Keywordsbackcasting; climate model; decision making; ex ante forecasts; out-of-sample errors; predictability; public policy; relative absolute errors; unconditional forecasts;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2008-12-21 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-12-21 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2008-12-21 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .