A simulation model of public debt sustainability
There is a long period since the problem of public debt sustainability captures the attention of economists. However, there is no unanimity concerning an adequate unique sustainability indicator or function generally accepted. Just in this line of elaborating new models and improving methodologies in order to quantify the impact of various factors on public debt sustainability is our paper. Moreover, last years, during its pre- and post-accession into EU period, Romanian economy is facing to numerous problems. Among these, the public debt sustainability plays a central role, its implications practically expanding on all fields connected to the economic dynamics.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998.
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1820, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Mankiw, N, 1999. "Government Debt," Scholarly Articles 2643866, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 6470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government debt," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1990. "Suggestions for a New Set of Fiscal Indicators," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 79, OECD Publishing.
- Khaled Hussein, 2001. "Is Foreign Debt Portfolio Management Efficient in Emerging Economies?," IMF Working Papers 01/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Hussein, Khaled A. & de Mello, Luiz Jr., 2001. "Is foreign debt portfolio management efficient in emerging economies?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 317-335, October.
- Fry, Maxwell J., 1992. "Some stabilizing and destabilizing effects of foreign debt accumulation in developing countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 315-321, July.
- Barro, Robert J, 1989.
"The Ricardian Approach to Budget Deficits,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 37-54, Spring.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2002. "Sustainability Function," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 5-14, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.