Tariff and Equilibrium Indeterminacy--(II)
We establish conditions under which indeterminacy can occur in a small open economy oil-in the production RBC model with lump sum tariff revenue transfers. The indeterminacy would require that the steady state tariff rates be in an open interval. This means that as long as the government revenues are exogenous, our indeterminacy result will be robust to the usage of the government revenue.
|Date of creation:||16 Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Ka-Yui Leung, 1998.
"Income Tax, Property Tax and Tariff in a Small Open Economy,"
Departmental Working Papers
_104, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 1999. "Income Tax, Property Tax, and Tariff in a Small Open Economy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 541-54, August.
- Benhabib, J. & Farmer, R.E.A, 1991.
"Indeterminacy and Increasing Returns,"
165, Cambridge - Risk, Information & Quantity Signals.
- Jess Benhabib & Roger E.A. Farmer, 1992. "Indeterminacy and Increasing Returns," UCLA Economics Working Papers 646, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1991. "Indeterminacy and Increasing Returns," Working Papers 91-59, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Qinglai Meng & Andrés Velasco, 2003. "Indeterminacy in a small open economy with endogenous labor supply," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 661-669, October.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Wen, Yi, 2008.
"A Note On Oil Dependence And Economic Instability,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(05), pages 717-723, November.
- Roger E.A. Farmer & Jang Ting Guo, 1992.
"Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
680, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Farmer Roger E. A. & Guo Jang-Ting, 1994. "Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 42-72, June.
- Mourmouras, Alex, 1991. "Infant governments and the fiscal role of tariffs, inflation, and reserve requirements : A welfare analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 271-290, November.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1999. "Indeterminacy and sunspots in macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 387-448 Elsevier.
- Weder, Mark, 2001.
"Indeterminacy in a Small Open Economy Ramsey Growth Model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 339-356, June.
- Weder, Mark, 2000. "Indeterminacy in a Small Open Economy Ramsey Growth Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 2585, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Woodford, Michael, 1996.
"Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 550-77, November.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1996. "Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 5634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meng, Qinglai & Velasco, Andres, 2004. "Market imperfections and the instability of open economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 503-519, December.
- Newbery, D., 2005. "Why Tax Energy? Towards a More Rational Energy Policy," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0508, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Zhang, Yan, 2009.
"Tariff and Equilibrium Indeterminacy,"
13099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David N. DeJong & Marla Ripoll, 2006. "Tariffs and Growth: An Empirical Exploration of Contingent Relationships," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 625-640, November.
- Finn, Mary G, 2000. "Perfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 400-416, August.
- David M. Newbery, 2005. "Why Tax Energy? Towards a More Rational Policy," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-40.
- Eric W. Bond & Ping Wang & Chong K. Yip, 1993.
"A general two-sector model of endogenous growth with human and physical capital: balanced growth and transitional dynamics,"
9324, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bond, Eric W. & Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K., 1996. "A General Two-Sector Model of Endogenous Growth with Human and Physical Capital: Balanced Growth and Transitional Dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 149-173, January.
- Zhang, Yan, 2008.
"Tariff and Equilibrium Indeterminacy--(II),"
10043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Loewy, 2001. "Optimal tariffs, optimal taxes and economic development," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 461-486.
- Zhang, Yan & Chen, Yan, 2008. "Tariff and Equilibrium Indeterminacy--A Note," MPRA Paper 10044, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.