Estimates of Demand for Money and Consumption Functions for the Household Sector in Poland, 1967-1999
The paper analyses household money demand and consumption. Variables that measure shortage and expectations about its future course are introduced to capture the effects of the transition from centrally planned to market economy. The Johansen procedure is used to identify a system of the two cointegrating vectors. The Chow tests support stability in the error correction equations. The reported results show that disequilibrium in household sector money holdings has a strong influence on consumption.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ|
Web page: http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara Liberda, 1999. "Household Saving in Poland," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0187, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Stahl, Dale II & Alexeev, Michael, 1985. "The influence of black markets on a queue-rationed centrally planned economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 234-250, August.
- Kornai, Janos & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1978. " The Normal State of the Market in a Shortage Economy: A Queue Model," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 80(4), pages 375-398.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1991. "Price Distortion and Shortage Deformation, or What Happened to the Soap?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 401-414, June.
- Chawluk, Antoni & Cross, Rod, 1994. "Zloty and Dollar Balances in Poland 1965-1993," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 62(0), pages 41-66, Suppl..
- Antoni Chawluk & Rod Cross, 1997. "Measures Of Shortage And Monetary Overhang In The Polish Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(1), pages 105-115, February.
- Acharya Arnab & Spagat Michael, 1995. "A General Model of the Soviet Consumer," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 302-315, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Birds)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.