The Impacts of Interest Rate on Stock Market: Empirical Evidence from Dhaka Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Kam C & Gup, Benton E & Pan, Ming-Shiun, 1992. "An Empirical Analysis of Stock Prices in Major Asian Markets and the United States," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 289-307, May.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Anisul M. Islam & Syed Abul Basher, 2000.
"Market Efficiency, Time-Varying Volatility and Equity Returns in Bangladesh Stock Market,"
2002_6, York University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2002.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Anisul M. Islam & Syed Basher, 2003. "Market Efficiency, Time-Varying Volatility and Equity Returns in Bangladesh Stock Market," Finance 0310015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. "Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 773-816.
- L. E. Arango & A. Gonzalez & C. E. Posada, 2002.
"Returns and the interest rate: a non-linear relationship in the Bogotastock market,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(11), pages 835-842.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Andrés González & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "Returns And Interest Rate: A Nonlinear Relationship In The Bogota Stock Market," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003468, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Andrés González & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "Returns and Interest Rate: A Nonlinear Relationship in the Bogotá Stock Market," Borradores de Economia 169, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Ainul Islam & Mohammed Khaled, 2005. "Tests of Weak-Form Efficiency of the Dhaka Stock Exchange," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(7-8), pages 1613-1624.
- Yu Hsing, 2004. "Impacts of Fiscal Policy, Monetary Policy, and Exchange Rate Policy on Real GDP in Brazil: A VAR Model," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 6(1), February.
- Claessens, Stijn & Dasgupta, Susmita & Glen, Jack, 1995. "Return Behavior in Emerging Stock Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 131-151, January.
- Ojah, Kalu & Karemera, David, 1999. "Random Walks and Market Efficiency Tests of Latin American Emerging Equity Markets: A Revisit," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 34(2), pages 57-72, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Yasmin, Shakila & Rahman, Mahmudur & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2019. "Effect of Policy Reforms on Market Efficiency: Evidence from Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE)," OSF Preprints m5gsr, Center for Open Science.
- Angelovska, Julijana, 2018. "Testing Weak Form Of Stock Market Efficiency At The Macedonian Stock Exchange," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 9(2), pages 133-144.
- Masud Pervez & Md. Harun Ur Rashid & Md. Asad Iqbal Chowdhury & Mahbubur Rahaman, 2018. "Predicting the Stock Market Efficiency in Weak Form: A Study on Dhaka Stock Exchange," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(5), pages 88-95.
- Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Uddi, Gazi Salah, 2019. "Relationship between Interest Rate and Stock Price: Empirical Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," SocArXiv 5fket, Center for Open Science.
- Eli Bouri & Andre Eid & Imad Kachacha, 2014. "The Dynamic Behaviour and Determinants of Linkages among Middle Eastern and North African Stock Exchanges," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 19(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Md. Mahmudul Alam & Kazi Ashraful Alam & Md. Gazi Salah Uddin, 2017.
"Market Depth and Risk Return Analysis of Dhaka Stock Exchange: An Empirical Test of Market Efficiency,"
- Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Alam, Kazi Ashraful & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2019. "Market Depth and Risk Return Analysis of Dhaka Stock Exchange: An Empirical Test of Market Efficiency," SocArXiv wsjkq, Center for Open Science.
- Charemza, Wojciech W. & Majerowska, Ewa, 2000.
"Regulation of the Warsaw Stock Exchange: The portfolio allocation problem,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 555-576, April.
- Wojciech W. Charemza & Ewa Majerowska, "undated". "Regulation of the Warsaw Stock Exchange: The Portfolio Allocation Problem," Discussion Papers in European Economics 98/1, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Salomons, Roelof & Grootveld, Henk, 2002. "The equity risk premium: emerging versus developed markets," Research Report 02E45, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Khan, Walayet & Vieito, João Paulo, 2012. "Stock exchange mergers and weak form of market efficiency: The case of Euronext Lisbon," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 173-189.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Akbar, Chowdhury Shahed, 2019. "Rationality of the Capital Market: Capitalistic System vs. Islamic System," SocArXiv 83ekv, Center for Open Science.
- Erik Durbin & David Tat-Chee Ng, 1999. "Uncovering country risk in emerging market bond prices," International Finance Discussion Papers 639, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Johansson, Anders C. & Ljungwall, Christer, 2009. "Spillover Effects Among the Greater China Stock Markets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 839-851, April.
- Caglayan, Mustafa Onur & Xue, Wenjun & Zhang, Liwen, 2020. "Global investigation on the country-level idiosyncratic volatility and its determinants," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 143-160.
- Pooja Joshi & Arun Kumar Giri, 2015. "Fiscal Deficits and Stock Prices in India: Empirical Evidence," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-18, August.
- Arshad, Shaista & Rizvi, Syed Aun R., 2015. "The troika of business cycle, efficiency and volatility. An East Asian perspective," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 419(C), pages 158-170.
- Konstantinos Tolikas, 2011. "The rare event risk in African emerging stock markets," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 275-294, February.
- Khrawish, Husni Ali & Siam, Walid Zakaria & Jaradat, Mohammad, 2010. "The relationships between stock market capitalization rate and interest rate: Evidence from Jordan," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center (PRADEC), vol. 2(2), pages 1-7, July.
- Rabinovitch, Ramon & Silva, Ana Cristina & Susmel, Raul, 2003. "Returns on ADRs and arbitrage in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-247, September.
- Jokung N., Octave, 1998. "Timing of investments in emerging markets: the case of Malaysia and Singapore," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 199-210, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-RMG-2019-12-23 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osf:osfxxx:r3jpx. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (OSF). General contact details of provider: https://osf.io/preprints/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.