Medicare Balance Billing Restrictions: Impacts on Physicians and Beneficiaries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- McKnight, Robin, 2007. "Medicare balance billing restrictions: Impacts on physicians and beneficiaries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 326-341, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell, Janet B. & Cromwell, Jerry, 1982. "Physician behavior under the medicare assignment option," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 245-264, December.
- Glazer, Jacob & Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 1993.
"Should physicians be permitted to 'balance bill' patients?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 239-258, October.
- Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 1990. "Should Physicians Be Permitted to 'Balance Bill' Patients," Papers 0005, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Yelowitz, Aaron S., 2000. "Public policy and health insurance choices of the elderly: evidence from the medicare buy-in program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 301-324, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brigitte Dormont & Mathilde Péron, 2016.
"Does Health Insurance Encourage the Rise in Medical Prices? A Test on Balance Billing in France,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(9), pages 1073-1089, September.
- Brigitte Dormont & Mathilde Péron, 2016. "Does health insurance encourage the rise in medical prices? A test on balance billing in France," Post-Print hal-01340009, HAL.
- Hugh Gravelle & Anthony Scott & Peter Sivey & Jongsay Yong, 2016.
"Competition, prices and quality in the market for physician consultations,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 135-169, March.
- Hugh Gravelle & Anthony Scott & Peter Sivey & Jongsay Yong, 2013. "Competition, Prices and Quality in the Market for Physician Consultations," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n23, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Hugh Gravelle & Anthony Scott & Peter Sivey & Jongsay Yong, 2013. "Competition, prices, and quality in the market for physician consultations," Working Papers 089cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Dormont, B. & PÃ©ron, M., 2015. "Does health insurance encourage the rise in medical prices?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 15/16, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lecluyse, Ann & Van de Voorde, Carine & De Graeve, Diana & Schokkaert, Erik & Van Ourti, Tom, 2009. "Hospital supplements in Belgium: Price variation and regulation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 276-287, October.
- Mathias Kifmann & Florian Scheuer, 2011. "Balance billing: the patients' perspective," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Christopher Brunt & Gail Jensen, 2010. "Medicare Part B reimbursement and the perceived quality of physician care," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 149-170, June.
- Brigitte Dormont & Mathilde Péron, 2015. "Does health insurance encourage the rise in medical prices? A test on balance billing in France," Post-Print hal-01518404, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/15235 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hiroyuki Kawaguchi, 2012. "Unique mixtures of public and private funding in Japan - The ban on billing for mixed medical care service -," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 8(2), pages 145-170, July.
More about this item
Keywordsprice controls; Medicare; physician reimbursement;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ore:uoecwp:2004-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bill Harbaugh). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuorus.html .