Trade Openness, Trade Costs and Growth: Why Sub-Saharan Africa Performs Poorly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan Willem Gunning & Paul Collier, 1999. "Explaining African Economic Performance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 64-111, March.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Owens, Trudy & Wood, Adrian, 1997. "Export-oriented industrialization through primary processing?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1453-1470, September.
- Oliver Morrissey & Doug Nelson, 1998. "East Asian Economic Performance: Miracle or Just a Pleasant Surprise?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(7), pages 855-879, September.
- Greenaway, David & Morgan, Wyn & Wright, Peter W, 1998. "Trade Reform, Adjustment and Growth: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1547-1561, September.
- Clarke, George R. G., 1995. "More evidence on income distribution and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 403-427, August.
- Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen, 1997. "Why Don't Poor Countries Catch Up? A Cross-National Test of Institutional Explanation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 590-602, July.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-1393, September.
- Wood, Adrian & Mayer, Jorg, 2001. "Africa's Export Structure in a Comparative Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 369-394, May.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D & Warner, Andrew M, 1997. "Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 335-376, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simplice A., Asongu, 2011. "Globalization, financial allocation efficiency and regional economic dynamics: asymmetric panel evidence from Africa," MPRA Paper 33901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Anutechia, Asongu, 2010. "Linkages between Financial Development and Openness: panel evidence from developing countries," MPRA Paper 26926, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2010. "Financial development, trade openness and financial openness: do income levels matter for developing countries?," MPRA Paper 27441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsOpenness; Transport Costs; Trade and Growth; Sub-Saharan Africa.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notcre:06/08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hilary Hughes) or (Thomas Cornelissen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cenotuk.html .