The Time-Preference Nash Solution
We give an axiomatic characterization of the Time-Preference Nash Solution, a bargaining solution that is applied when the underlying preferences are defined over streams of physical outcomes. This bargaining solution is similar to the ordinal Nash solution introduced by Rubinstein, Safra and Thomson (1992), but it gives a different prediction when the set of physical outcomes is a set of lotteries.
|Date of creation:||08 Jun 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://volij.co.il/
|Order Information:||Web: http://volij.co.il/addr.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rubinstein, Ariel & Safra, Zvi & Thomson, William, 1992. "On the Interpretation of the Nash Bargaining Solution and Its Extension to Non-expected Utility Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1171-86, September.
- Safra Zvi & Zilcha Itzhak, 1993.
"Bargaining Solutions without the Expected Utility Hypothesis,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 288-306, April.
- Zilcha & I. & Safra, Z., 1990. "Bargaining Solutions Without The Expected Utility Hypothesis," Papers 33-90, Tel Aviv.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Peters, H., 1991. "Characterizing the Nash and Raiffa bargaining solutions by disagreement point axioms," Other publications TiSEM 4bd5eb9e-328a-45a0-aa0a-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eyal Winter & Oscar Volij & Nir Dagan, 2002.
"A characterization of the Nash bargaining solution,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 811-823.
- Nir Dagan & Oscar Volij & Eyal Winter, 2001. "A Characterization of the Nash Bargaining Solution," Economic theory and game theory 013, Oscar Volij.
- Volij, Oscar & Dagan, Nir & Winter, Eyal, 2002. "A Characterization of the Nash Bargaining Solution," Staff General Research Papers 5259, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nir Dagan & Oscar Volij & Eyal Winter, 2000. "A Characterization of the Nash Bargaining Solution," Economic theory and game theory 018, Nir Dagan, revised 21 Sep 2000.
- Volij, Oscar & Winter, Eyal, 2002.
"On Risk Aversion and Bargaining Outcomes,"
Staff General Research Papers
10130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Burgos, Albert & Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi, 2002. "Bargaining and Boldness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 28-51, January.
- Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi, 1995. "A Cardinal Characterization of the Rubinstein-Safra-Thomson Axiomatic Bargaining Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1241-49, September.
- Hanany, Eran & Safra, Zvi, 2000. "Existence and Uniqueness of Ordinal Nash Outcomes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 254-276, February.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154419 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nid:ovolij:014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oscar Volij)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.