The Principle of Social Scaling
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Foley Duncan K., 1994. "A Statistical Equilibrium Theory of Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 321-345, April.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1994. "Methodological Individualism and Social Knowledge," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 1-9, May.
- Alfarano, Simone & Milakovic, Mishael, 2008.
"Does classical competition explain the statistical features of firm growth?,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 272-274, December.
- Alfarano, Simone & Milaković, Mishael, 2008. "Does Classical Competition Explain the Statistical Features of Firm Growth?," Economics Working Papers 2008-03, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Shaikh, Anwar & Papanikolaou, Nikolaos & Wiener, Noe, 2014. "Race, gender and the econophysics of income distribution in the USA," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 415(C), pages 54-60.
- Markus P. A. Schneider, 2013. "Evidence for Multiple Labor Market Segments: An Entropic Analysis of US Earned Income, 1996-2007," Journal of Income Distribution, Ad libros publications inc., vol. 22(2), pages 60-98, June.
- Silva, A. Christian & Prange, Richard E. & Yakovenko, Victor M., 2004.
"Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 227-235.
- A. Christian Silva & Richard E. Prange & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2004. "Exponential distribution of financial returns at mesoscopic time lags: a new stylized fact," Papers cond-mat/0401225, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2004.
- Victor M. Yakovenko & J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Colloquium: Statistical mechanics of money, wealth, and income," Papers 0905.1518, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2009.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Scaling; Economic Distribution; Statistical Mechanics; Observational Economics;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C18 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Methodolical Issues: General
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2016-10-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2016-10-09 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:new:wpaper:1606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Setterfield). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denewus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.