Parental Medicaid Expansions and Health Insurance Coverage
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Card & Lara Dawn Shore-Sheppard, 2001. "Using Discontinuous Eligibility Rules to Identify the Effects of the Federal Medicaid Expansions," JCPR Working Papers 248, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- David M. Cutler & Jonathan Gruber, 1996. "Does Public Insurance Crowd out Private Insurance?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 391-430.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah Gelbach & Hilary Hoynes, 2004. "Welfare Reform and Health," Working Papers WR-102-1-NICHD/NIA, RAND Corporation.
- Hamersma, Sarah & Kim, Matthew, 2013. "Participation and crowd out: Assessing the effects of parental Medicaid expansions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 160-171.
- James Marton & Aaron Yelowitz, 2015.
"Health insurance generosity and conditional coverage: Evidence from medicaid managed care in Kentucky,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 535-555, October.
- Marton, James & Yelowitz, Aaron, 2014. "Health Insurance Generosity and Conditional Coverage: Evidence from Medicaid Managed Care in Kentucky," MPRA Paper 57412, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lo Sasso, Anthony T. & Buchmueller, Thomas C., 2004.
"The effect of the state children's health insurance program on health insurance coverage,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 1059-1082, September.
- Anthony T. LoSasso & Thomas C. Buchmueller, 2002. "The Effect of the State Children's Health Insurance Program on Health Insurance Coverage," NBER Working Papers 9405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2005. "Welfare Reform and Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
- Marianne Bitler & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2006. "Welfare Reform and Indirect Impacts on Health," NBER Working Papers 12642, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Zimmer, 2011. "The Effects of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program on Insurance Status and Health Care Utilization of Children," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 373-383, June.
- Hamersma, Sarah & Kim, Matthew, 2009. "The effect of parental Medicaid expansions on job mobility," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 761-770, July.
- Kasey Buckles & Joseph Price, 2013.
"Selection and the Marriage Premium for Infant Health,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1315-1339, August.
- Kasey S. Buckles, 2012. "Selection and the Marriage Premium for Infant Health," Working Papers 003, University of Notre Dame, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2012.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2005.
"Welfare Reform and Health,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
- Marianne Bitler & Jonah Gelbach & Hilary Hoynes, 2004. "Welfare Reform and Health," NBER Working Papers 10549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2004. "Welfare Reform and Health," Working Papers 102-1, RAND Corporation.
- Wolfe, Barbara & Kaplan, Thomas & Haveman, Robert & Cho, Yoonyoung, 2006. "SCHIP expansion and parental coverage: An evaluation of Wisconsin's BadgerCare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1170-1192, November.
- Laura S. Hussey, 2010. "Welfare Generosity, Abortion Access, and Abortion Rates: A Comparison of State Policy Tools," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(1), pages 266-283.
- Ho Jin Lee & Akinori Tomohara, 2008. "Public health insurance expansions and labour supply of married women: the state children's health insurance programme," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(7), pages 863-874.
- Buchmueller Thomas C & Lo Sasso Anthony T & Wong Kathleen N, 2008. "How Did SCHIP Affect the Insurance Coverage of Immigrant Children?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-25, January.
- Thomas Buchmueller & Anthony Lo Sasso & Kathleen Wong, 2007. "How Did SCHIP Affect the Insurance Coverage of Immigrant Children?," NBER Working Papers 13261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Kosali Simon, 2007. "Crowd-Out Ten Years Later: Have Recent Public Insurance Expansions Crowded Out Private Health Insurance?," NBER Working Papers 12858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Buchmueller & John C. Ham & Lara D. Shore-Sheppard, 2015. "The Medicaid Program," NBER Chapters,in: Economics of Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, volume 1, pages 21-136 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Decker, Sandra & Lin, Wanchuan, 2008. "Has public health insurance for older children reduced disparities in access to care and health outcomes?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1567-1581, December.
- Janet Currie & Sandra Decker & Wanchuan Lin, 2008. "Has Public Health Insurance for Older Children Reduced Disparities in Access to Care and Health Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 14173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cristian Pardo & Whitney Schott, 2012. "Public versus private: evidence on health insurance selection," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 39-61, March.
- Datta, Anusua & Vandegrift, Donald, 2011. "Effects of welfare reform and the state children’s health insurance program on medicaid and total health expenditures," MPRA Paper 36486, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp06-10-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Hope Corman & Anne Carroll & Kelly Noonan & Nancy E. Reichman, 2006. "The Effects of Health on Health Insurance Status in Fragile Families," NBER Working Papers 12197, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-08-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2003-08-17 (Education)
- NEP-IAS-2003-08-17 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.