Estimating the Effect of Alcohol on Driver Risk Using Only Fatal Accident Statistics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip J. Cook & George Tauchen, 1982. "The Effect of Liquor Taxes on Heavy Drinking," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 379-390, Autumn.
- Ruhm, Christopher J., 1996. "Alcohol policies and highway vehicle fatalities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 435-454, August.
- Michael Grossman & Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Saffer & Adit Laixuthai, 1993. "Effects of Alcohol Price Policy on Youth," NBER Working Papers 4385, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank J & Saffer, Henry & Grossman, Michael, 1993.
"Alcohol-Control Policies and Motor-Vehicle Fatalities,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 161-186, January.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Saffer & Michael Grossman, 1991. "Alcohol Control Policies and Motor Vehicle Fatalities," NBER Working Papers 3831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saffer, Henry & Grossman, Michael, 1987. "Drinking Age Laws and Highway Mortality Rates: Cause and Effect," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 403-417, July.
- Flinn, C. & Heckman, J., 1982.
"New methods for analyzing structural models of labor force dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 115-168, January.
- James J. Heckman & Christopher J. Flinn, 1982. "New Methods for Analyzing Structural Models of Labor Force Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 0856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Asch & David T. Levy, 1987. "Does the minimum drinking age affect traffic fatalities?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(2), pages 180-192.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Albalate, 2008.
"Lowering blood alcohol content levels to save lives: The European experience,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 20-39.
- Daniel Albalate, 2006. "Lowering blood alcohol content levels to save lives: The european experience," Working Papers CREAP20006-07, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2006.
- Daniel Albalate, 2006. "Lowering blood alcohol content levels to save lives, the european experience," IREA Working Papers 200603, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Steven D. Levitt & Jack Porter, 2001.
"Sample Selection In The Estimation Of Air Bag And Seat Belt Effectiveness,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 603-615, November.
- Steven D. Levitt & Jack Porter, 1999. "Sample Selection in the Estimation of Air Bag and Seat Belt Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 7210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Albalate, 2007. "Lowering blood alcohol content levels to save lives: A European case study," Working Papers in Economics 173, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Daniel Eisenberg, 2003. "Evaluating the effectiveness of policies related to drunk driving," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 249-274.
- David Figlio & Jens Ludwig, 2012.
"Sex, Drugs, and Catholic Schools: Private Schooling and Non-Market Adolescent Behaviors,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 13(4), pages 385-415, November.
- David Figlio & Jens Ludwig, 2000. "Sex, Drugs, and Catholic Schools: Private Schooling and Non-Market Adolescent Behaviors," NBER Working Papers 7990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William N. Evans & Thomas S. Dee, 2001. "Behavior Policies and Teen Traffic Safety," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 91-96, May.
More about this item
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6944. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.