How Costly is Financial (not Economic) Distress? Evidence from Highly Leveraged Transactions that Became Distressed
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gregor Andrade & Steven N. Kaplan, 1998. "How Costly is Financial (Not Economic) Distress? Evidence from Highly Leveraged Transactions that Became Distressed," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1443-1493, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 1990.
"The Impact of Corporate Restructuring on Industrial Research and Development,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(1990 Micr), pages 85-135.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 1989. "The Impact of Corporate Restructuring on Industrial Research and Development," NBER Working Papers 3216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H., 1989. "TheImpact of Corporate Restructuring On Industrial Research and Development," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7dw7p5dq, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Bronwyn H. Hall., 1989. "The Impact of Corporate Restructuring on Industrial Research and Development," Economics Working Papers 89-129, University of California at Berkeley.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "The Evolution of Buyout Pricing and Financial Structure," NBER Working Papers 3695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1992.
" Liquidation Values and Debt Capacity: A Market Equilibrium Approach,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1343-1366, September.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1992. "Liquidation Values and Debt Capacity: A Market Equilibrium Approach," Scholarly Articles 27692663, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gilson, Stuart C, 1997. " Transactions Costs and Capital Structure Choice: Evidence from Financially Distressed Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 161-196, March.
- Alderson, Michael J. & Betker, Brian L., 1995. "Liquidation costs and capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 45-69, September.
- Paul Asquith & Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1994. "Anatomy of Financial Distress: An Examination of Junk-Bond Issuers," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 625-658.
- Giammarino, Ronald M, 1989. "The Resolution of Financial Distress," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 25-47.
- Ofek, Eli, 1993. "Capital structure and firm response to poor performance: An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 3-30, August.
- Gordon M Phillips & Vojislav Maksimovic, 1996. "Efficiency of Bankrupt Firms and Industry Conditions: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 96-12, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Easterbrook, Frank H., 1990. "Is corporate bankruptcy efficient?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 411-417, October.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1991. "Corporate Control And The Politics Of Finance," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 4(2), pages 13-34.
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1990. "How risky is the debt in highly leveraged transactions?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 215-245, September.
- Allan C. Eberhart & Edward I. Altman & Reena Aggarwal, 1997. "The Equity Performance of Firms Emerging from Bankruptcy," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-22, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Denis, David J. & Denis, Diane K., 1995. "Causes of financial distress following leveraged recapitalizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 129-157, February.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.