Dishonesty and Selection into Public Service
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rema Hanna & Shing-Yi Wang, 2013. "Dishonesty and Selection into Public Service," Working Papers id:5565, eSocialSciences.
- Hanna, Rema & Wang, Shing-Yi, 2013. "Dishonesty and Selection into Public Service," Working Paper Series rwp13-049, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rema Hanna & Shing-Yi Wang, 2013. "Dishonesty and Selection into Public Service," CID Working Papers 271, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mirco Tonin & Michael Vlassopoulos, 2015.
"Are public sector workers different? Cross-European evidence from elderly workers and retirees,"
IZA Journal of Labor Economics,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Tonin, Mirco & Vlassopoulos, Michael, 2014. "Are Public Sector Workers Different? Cross-European Evidence from Elderly Workers and Retirees," IZA Discussion Papers 8238, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mirco Tonin & Michael Vlassopoulos, 2015. "Are Public Sector Workers Different? Cross-European Evidence from Elderly Workers and Retirees," CESifo Working Paper Series 5156, CESifo Group Munich.
- Johannes Abeler & Daniele Nosenzo & Collin Raymond, 2016.
"Preferences for Truth-Telling,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6087, CESifo Group Munich.
- Abeler, Johannes & Nosenzo, Daniele & Raymond, Collin, 2016. "Preferences for Truth-Telling," IZA Discussion Papers 10188, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Johannes Abeler & Daniele Nosenzo & Collin Raymond, 2016. "Preferences for truth-telling," Discussion Papers 2016-13, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Justin Mattias Valasek, 2015. "Reforming an Institutional Culture of Corruption: A Model of Motivated Agents and Collective Reputation," CESifo Working Paper Series 5599, CESifo Group Munich.
- Garbarino, Ellen & Slonim, Robert & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2016.
"Loss Aversion and Lying Behavior: Theory, Estimation and Empirical Evidence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10395, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ellen Garbarino & Robert Slonim & Marie Claire Villeval, 2016. "Loss Aversion and lying behavior: Theory, estimation and empirical evidence," Working Papers 1631, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Ellen Garbarino & Robert Slonim & Marie Villeval, 2016. "Loss Aversion and lying behavior: Theory, estimation and empirical evidence," Working Papers halshs-01404333, HAL.
- Jordan Gans-Morse & Alexander S. Kalgin & Andrei V. Klimenko & Andrei A. Yakovlev, 2017. "Motivations for Public Service in Corrupt States: Evidence from Post-Soviet Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 13/PSP/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Nava Ashraf & Oriana Bandiera & Scott Lee, 2014. "Do-gooders and go-getters: career incentives, selection, and performance in public service delivery," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 54, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- repec:eee:joepsy:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:258-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dizon-Ross, Rebecca & Dupas, Pascaline & Robinson, Jonathan, 2015.
"Governance and the Effectiveness of Public Health Subsidies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rebecca Dizon-Ross & Pascaline Dupas & Jonathan Robinson, 2015. "Governance and the Effectiveness of Public Health Subsidies," NBER Working Papers 21324, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fehrler, Sebastian & Fischbacher, Urs & Schneider, Maik T., 2016.
"Who Runs? Honesty and Self-Selection into Politics,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10258, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fehrler, Sebastian & Fischbacher, Urs & Schneider, Maik, 2017. "Who Runs? Honesty and Self-Selection into Politics," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168083, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Mirco Tonin, 2015. "Are workers motivated by the greater good?," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 138-138, March.
- Banuri, Sheheryar & Keefer, Philip, 2016. "Pro-social motivation, effort and the call to public service," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 139-164.
- Alem, Yonas & Eggert, Håkan & Kocher, Martin G. & Ruhinduka, Remidius D., 2016. "Why (field) experiments on unethical behavior are important:Comparing stated and revealed behavior," Working Papers in Economics 664, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Faravelli, Marco & Friesen, Lana & Gangadharan, Lata, 2015. "Selection, tournaments, and dishonesty," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 160-175.
More about this item
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2013-11-22 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-11-22 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .