Chiefs: Elite Control of Civil Society and Economic Development in Sierra Leone
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ndulu,Benno J. & O'Connell,Stephen A. & Bates,Robert H. & Collier,Paul & Soludo,Chukwuma C., 2009. "The Political Economy of Economic Growth in Africa, 1960â€“2000," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521127752.
- Tommaso Nannicini & Andrea Stella & Guido Tabellini & Ugo Troiano, 2013.
"Social Capital and Political Accountability,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 222-250, May.
- Tommaso Nannicini & Andrea Stella & Guido Tabellini & Ugo Troiano, 2010. "Social Capital and Political Accountability," Working Papers 2010.58, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nannicini, Tommaso & Stella, Andrea & Tabellini, Guido & Troiano, Ugo, 2010. "Social Capital and Political Accountability," CEPR Discussion Papers 7782, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Besley, Timothy, 2007. "Principled Agents?: The Political Economy of Good Government," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199283910.
- Jerven, Morten, 2006. "Social Capital as a Determinant of Economic Growth in Africa," Ratio Working Papers 108, The Ratio Institute.
- James D. Fearon & Macartan Humphreys & Jeremy M. Weinstein, 2009. "Can Development Aid Contribute to Social Cohesion after Civil War? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Post-conflict Liberia," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 287-291, May.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014.
"Under the Thumb of History? Political Institutions and the Scope for Action,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 951-971, August.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014. "Under the Thumb of History? Political Institutions and the Scope for Action," NBER Working Papers 19848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014. "Under the Thumb of History? Political institutions and the Scope for Action," Working Papers id:5640, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:254-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro, 2016.
"Political structure as a legacy of indirect colonial rule: Bargaining between national governments and rural elites in Africa,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 1023-1039.
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro, 2013. "Political Structure as a Legacy of Indirect Colonial Rule: Bargaining between National Governments and Rural Elites in Africa," MPRA Paper 48771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tribín Ana María, 2015. "Paramilitaries and Electoral Support," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 21(2), pages 191-216, April.
More about this item
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- N27 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Africa; Oceania
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-01-19 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-01-19 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2013-01-19 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SOC-2013-01-19 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18691. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .