The Equity Premium and the Concentration of Aggregate Shocks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1986. "The equity premium and the concentration of aggregate shocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 211-219, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Dunn, Kenneth B. & Singleton, Kenneth J., 1986.
"Modeling the term structure of interest rates under non-separable utility and durability of goods,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 27-55, September.
- Kenneth B. Dunn & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1984. "Modeling the Term Structure of Interest Rates Under Nonseparable Utilityand Duriability of Goods," NBER Working Papers 1415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1983. "Stochastic Consumption, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Asset Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 249-265, April.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Shiller, Robert J., 1982.
"Consumption correlatedness and risk measurement in economies with non-traded assets and heterogeneous information,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 195-210, July.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Robert J. Shiller, 1981. "Consumption Correlatedness and Risk Measurement in Economies with Non trade Assets and Heterogeneous Information," NBER Working Papers 0690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1968. "Saving and Uncertainty: The Precautionary Demand for Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 465-473.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1974. "An aggregation theorem for securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1990. "Precautionary Saving and the Marginal Propensity to Consume," NBER Working Papers 3403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Guglielmo Weber, 2010.
"Consumption and Saving: Models of Intertemporal Allocation and Their Implications for Public Policy,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 48(3), pages 693-751, September.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Guglielmo Weber, 2010. "Consumption and Saving: Models of Intertemporal Allocation and Their Implications for Public Policy," NBER Working Papers 15756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reis Gomes, Fábio Augusto, 2020. "Evaluating a consumption function with precautionary savings and habit formation under a general income process," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 157-166.
- Campbell, John Y., 2003.
"Consumption-based asset pricing,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 803-887,
- John Y. Campbell, 2002. "Consumption-Based Asset Pricing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1974, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Haliassos, Michael & Hassapis, Christis, 2001. "Non-expected Utility, Saving and Portfolios," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(468), pages 69-102, January.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Timmermann, Allan, 2007.
"Properties of equilibrium asset prices under alternative learning schemes,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 161-217, January.
- Massimo Guidolin & Allan Timmerman, 2005. "Properties of equilibrium asset prices under alternative learning schemes," Working Papers 2005-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine & Lo, Andrew W., 2000.
"Nonparametric risk management and implied risk aversion,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 9-51.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 2000. "Nonparametric Risk Management and Implied Risk Aversion," NBER Working Papers 6130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isoré, Marlène & Szczerbowicz, Urszula, 2017.
"Disaster risk and preference shifts in a New Keynesian model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 97-125.
- Isoré, Marlène & Szczerbowicz, Urszula, 2015. "Disaster risk and preference shifts in a New Keynesian model," MPRA Paper 65643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Isoré & U. Szczerbowicz, 2016. "Disaster Risk and Preference Shifts in a New Keynesian Model," Working papers 614, Banque de France.
- Marlène Isoré & Urszula Szczerbowicz, 2015. "Disaster Risk and Preference Shifts in a New Keynesian Model," Working Papers 2015-16, CEPII research center.
- Alain Bensoussan & Jussi Keppo & Suresh P. Sethi, 2009. "Optimal Consumption And Portfolio Decisions With Partially Observed Real Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 215-236, April.
- Clemens, Christiane & Soretz, Susanne, 1999. "Konsequenzen des Zins- und Einkommensrisikos auf das wirtschaftliche Wachstum," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-221, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Maik Heinemann & Christiane Clemens, 2007. "Credit Constraints, Entrepreneurial Activity, and Occupational Choice under Risk," 2007 Meeting Papers 416, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Elena Marquez de la Cruz & Ana Martinez-Canete & Ines Perez-Soba Aguilar, 2007. "Intertemporal preference parameters for some European monetary union countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 997-1011.
- Suresh M. Sundaresan, 2000. "Continuous‐Time Methods in Finance: A Review and an Assessment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1569-1622, August.
- Kris Jacobs, 2002. "The Rate of Risk Aversion May Be Lower Than You Think," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-08, CIRANO.
- Tu, Teng-Tsai, 1998. "An entropic approach to equity market integration and consumption-based capital asset pricing models," ISU General Staff Papers 1998010108000012895, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Clemens Christiane, 2009. "Stochastic Growth and Factor Income Risk," German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 10(4), pages 422-447, December.
- Elena Asparouhova & Peter Bossaerts & Nilanjan Roy & William Zame, 2016.
"“Lucas” in the Laboratory,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(6), pages 2727-2780, December.
- Elena Asparouhova & Peter Bossaerts & Nilanjan Roy & William Zame, 2013. "‘Lucas’ In The Laboratory," EIEF Working Papers Series 1314, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2013.
- Elena Asparouhova & Peter Bossaerts & Nilanjan Roy & William Zame, 2013. "'Lucas' In The Laboratory," NBER Working Papers 19068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shakill Hassan & Andrew Van Biljon, 2010.
"The Equity Premium And Risk‐Free Rate Puzzles In A Turbulent Economy: Evidence From 105 Years Of Data From South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(1), pages 23-39, March.
- Shakill Hassan & Andrew van Biljon, 2009. "The Equity Premium and Risk-Free Rate Puzzles in a Turbulent Economy: Evidence from 105 Years of Data from South Africa," Working Papers 156, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1988.
"Risky income, life cycle consumption, and precautionary savings,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 237-255, September.
- Jonathan S. Skinner, 1987. "Risky Income, Life Cycle Consumption, and Precautionary Savings," NBER Working Papers 2336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Carmichael & L. Samson, 2003. "Expected returns and economic risk in Canadian financial markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 177-189.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1788. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.