The Contribution of Chinese FDI to Africa's Pre Crisis Growth Surge
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Whalley John & Weisbrod Aaron, 2012. "The Contribution of Chinese FDI to Africa's Pre Crisis Growth Surge," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 12(4), pages 1-28, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khawar Mariam, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-14, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akhtaruzzaman, Muhammad & Berg, Nathan & Lien, Donald, 2017. "Confucius Institutes and FDI flows from China to Africa," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 241-252.
- Alexis Habiyaremye, 2013.
"‘Angola‐mode’ Trade Deals and the Awakening of African Lion Economies,"
African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(4), pages 636-647, December.
- Alexis Habiyaremye, 2013. "‘Angola-mode’ Trade Deals and the Awakening of African Lion Economies," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(4), pages 636-647.
- Anindya Biswas & Biswajit Mandal & Nitesh Saha, 2014.
"Foreign Capital Inflow and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Developing Economies: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(03n04), pages 453-465, October.
- Biswas Anindya & Mandal Biswajit & Saha Nitesh, 2014. "Foreign Capital Inflow and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Developing Economies: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3-4), pages 1-13, October.
- Zhang, Kevin H., 2021. "How does South-South FDI affect host economies? Evidence from China-Africa in 2003–2018," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 690-703.
- Miao Miao & Qiaoqi Lang & Dinkneh Gebre Borojo & Jiang Yushi & Xiaoyun Zhang, 2020. "The Impacts of Chinese FDI and China–Africa Trade on Economic Growth of African Countries: The Role of Institutional Quality," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-20, June.
- Bartels, Frank L. & Napolitano, Francesco & Tissi, Nicola E., 2014. "FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa: A longitudinal perspective on location-specific factors (2003–2010)," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 516-529.
- Elena Kopnova & Lilia Rodionova, 2017. "An Analysis of the Economic Determinants of Food Security in North Africa," HSE Working papers WP BRP 166/EC/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- McKenzie, Rex A, 2015. "Monetary transmission in Africa: a review of official sources," Economics Discussion Papers 2015-7, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Vandana Chandra & Justin Yifu Lin & Yan Wang, 2013.
"Leading Dragon Phenomenon: New Opportunities for Catch-up in Low-Income Countries,"
Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 30(1), pages 52-84, March.
- Chandra, Vandana & Lin, Justin Yifu & Wang, Yan, 2012. "Leading Dragons phenomenon : new opportunities for catch-up in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6000, The World Bank.
- Jai S. Mah, 2015. "Export Expansion and Economic Growth in Tanzania," Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 173-185, March.
- Matthias Busse & Ceren Erdogan & Henning Mühlen, 2016.
"China's Impact on Africa – The Role of Trade, FDI and Aid,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(2), pages 228-262, May.
- Busse, Matthias & Erdogan, Ceren & Mühlen, Henning, 2014. "China's Impact on Africa - the Role of Trade, FDI and Aid," IEE Working Papers 206, Ruhr University Bochum, Institute of Development Research and Development Policy (IEE).
- Bräutigam, Deborah & Tang, Xiaoyang, 2014. "“Going Global in Groups”: Structural Transformation and China’s Special Economic Zones Overseas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 78-91.
- Engidaw Sisay Negash & Wenjie Zhu & Yangyang Lu & Zhikai Wang, 2020. "Does Chinese Inward Foreign Direct Investment Improve the Productivity of Domestic Firms? Horizontal Linkages and Absorptive Capacities: Firm-Level Evidence from Ethiopia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(7), pages 1-23, April.
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Global Economic Prospects, June 2015," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21999, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David Mayer‐Foulkes & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2009.
"Do Multinational Enterprises Contribute to Convergence or Divergence? A Disaggregated Analysis of US FDI,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 304-318, May.
- David Mayer-Foulkes & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2005. "Do Multinational Enterprises Contribute to Convergence or Divergence? A Disaggregated Analysis of US FDI," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Mayer-Foulkes, David & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2005. "Do multinational enterprises contribute to convergence or divergence? A disaggregated analysis of US FDI," Kiel Working Papers 1242, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mohammed Ershad Hussain & Mahfuzul Haque, 2016. "Foreign Direct Investment, Trade, and Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis of Bangladesh," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-14, April.
- Narjess Boubakri & Jean-Claude Cosset & Nassima Debab & Pascale Valéry, 2011. "Privatization and Globalization: an Empirical Analysis," Cahiers de recherche 1130, CIRPEE.
- Neil Dias Karunaratne, 2012. "Total Factor Productivity & Foreign direct investment in OECD countries - A Paneldata Econometric Analysis," Discussion Papers Series 465, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Toma Lankauskienė & Manuela Tvaronavičienė, 2011. "Interrelation of countries' developmental level and foreign direct investments performance," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 546-565, March.
- Ghosh Madanmohan & Wang Weimin, 2010. "Does FDI Accelerate Economic Growth? The OECD Experience Based on Panel Data Estimates for the Period 1980-2004," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-23, January.
- Neil Dias Karunaratne, 2013. "Perspectives on Total Factor Productivity and Foreign Direct Investment in OECD Countries based on Panel Data Econometrics," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 3(2), pages 1-8, April.
- Andreia Olival, 2012. "The influence of Doing Business’ institutional variables in Foreign Direct Investment," GEE Papers 0048, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Dec 2012.
- Jeffrey A. Edwards & Alfredo A. Romero & Zagros Madjd-Sadjadi, 2016. "Foreign direct investment, economic growth, and volatility: a useful model for policymakers," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 681-705, September.
- Stephen T Garnett & Liana N Joseph & James E M Watson & Kerstin K Zander, 2011. "Investing in Threatened Species Conservation: Does Corruption Outweigh Purchasing Power?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(7), pages 1-6, July.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:7:d:68302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Egger, Hartmut & Egger, Peter & Falkinger, Josef & Grossmann, Volker, 2005.
"International Capital Market Integration, Educational Choice and Economic Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1863, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger & Josef Falkinger & Volker Grossmann, 2005. "International Capital Market Integration, Educational Choice and Economic Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 1630, CESifo.
- Dominick Salvatore & Fred Campano, 2012. "Globalization, Growth and Poverty," Global Economy Journal (GEJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 1-15, November.
- Faris Alshubiri & Mohamed Elheddad & Syed Ahsan Jamil & Nassima Djellouli, 2021. "The impacts of financial depth and foreign direct investment on the green and non-green energy consumption of OPEC members," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 1(6), pages 1-29, June.
- Karimi, Mohammad Sharif & Yusop, Zulkornain, 2009. "FDI and Economic Growth in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 14999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mounir Belloumi & Atef Alshehry, 2018. "The Impacts of Domestic and Foreign Direct Investments on Economic Growth in Saudi Arabia," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Keunsuk Chung, 2010. "Foreign Debt, Foreign Direct Investment and Volatility," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 171-196.
- Abdur Chowdhury & George Mavrotas, 2005. "FDI and Growth: a Causal Relationship," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2005-25, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- A. Yasemin Yalta, 2011. "New Evidence on FDI-Led Growth: The Case of China," Working Papers 1107, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- de Boyrie Maria E, 2010. "Structural Changes, Causality, and Foreign Direct Investments: Evidence from the Asian Crises of 1997," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-40, January.
- Chakraborty, Chandana & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2008. "Economic Reforms, FDI, and Economic Growth in India: A Sector Level Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1192-1212, July.
More about this item
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-11-07 (Africa)
- NEP-CNA-2011-11-07 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2011-11-07 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2011-11-07 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17544. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.