Employment While in College, Academic Achievement and Post-College Outcomes: A Summary of Results
This paper uses panel data that cover the 1972-1979 period obtained from the National Longitudinal Survey of the High School Class of 1972 to study how male college students' employment while in college influences their academic performance, persistence in school, decisions to enroll in graduate school, and post-college labor market success. The analytic framework employed treats in-school employment as endogenous and determines persistence by a comparison of expected utilities.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1985|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published as Ehrenberg, Ronald G. and Daniel R. Sherman. "Employment While in College, Academic Achievement and Post-College Outcomes: A Summary of Results," Journal of Human Resources, Vol. 22, No. 1, Winter 1987, pp. 1-23.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-33, June.
- Wu, De-Min, 1973. "Alternative Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 733-50, July.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Daniel R. Sherman, 1984.
"Optimal Financial Aid Policies for a Selective University,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(2), pages 202-230.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Daniel R. Sherman, 1984. "Optimal Financial Aid Policies for a Selective University," NBER Working Papers 1014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Wu, De-Min, 1974.
"Alternative Tests of Independence between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances: Finite Sample Results,"
Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 529-46, May.
- Tom Doan, . "REGWUTEST: RATS procedure to perform Wu (or Durbin-Wu-Hausman) specification test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1742. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.