Aging, religion, and health
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton, 2008.
"Income, Health, and Well-Being around the World: Evidence from the Gallup World Poll,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 53-72, Spring.
- Angus Deaton, 2008. "Income, Health, and Well-Being around the World: Evidence from the Gallup World Poll," Working Papers 1124, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2003.
"People's opium? Religion and economic attitudes,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 225-282, January.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2002. "People's Opium? Religion and Economic Attitudes," NBER Working Papers 9237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2002. "People's Opium? Religion and Economic Attitudes," CEPR Discussion Papers 3588, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel M. McCleary & Robert J. Barro, 2006. "Religion and Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 49-72, Spring.
- Azzi, Corry & Ehrenberg, Ronald G, 1975. "Household Allocation of Time and Church Attendance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 27-56, February.
- Tomes, Nigel, 1985. "Religion and the Earnings Function," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 245-250, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Strulik, Holger, 2016.
"An economic theory of religious belief,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 35-46.
- Strulik, Holger, 2016. "An economic theory of religious belief," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 273, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Strulik, Holger, 2016. "An Economic Theory of Religious Belief," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145591, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Maryam Dilmaghani, 2017. "Religiosity and Labour Earnings in Canadian Provinces," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 82-99, March.
- Zhong Chunping & Pan Li & Shu Lingwei, 2016. "Do religious beliefs affect borrowing behavior? Evidence from Chinese households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 989-1005, December.
- Hungerman, Daniel M., 2014.
"The effect of education on religion: Evidence from compulsory schooling laws,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 52-63.
- Daniel M. Hungerman, 2013. "The Effect of Education on Religion: Evidence from Compulsory Schooling Laws," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of Religion and Culture, pages 52-63, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel M. Hungerman, 2011. "The Effect of Education on Religion: Evidence from Compulsory Schooling Laws," NBER Working Papers 16973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sascha O. Becker & Markus Nagler & Ludger Woessmann, 2017. "Education and religious participation: city-level evidence from Germany’s secularization period 1890–1930," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 273-311, September.
- Kumar, Santosh & Calvo, Rocio & Avendano, Mauricio & Sivaramakrishnan, Kavita & Berkman, Lisa F., 2012. "Social support, volunteering and health around the world: Cross-national evidence from 139 countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(5), pages 696-706.
More about this item
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-08-22 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-CWA-2009-08-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-08-22 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2009-08-22 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-08-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SOC-2009-08-22 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .