Looking for the News in the Noise - Additional Stochastic Implications of Optimal Consumption Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Ariél Pakes, 1988. "Looking for the News in the Noise. Additional Stochastic Implications of Optimal Consumption Choise," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 9, pages 29-46.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-987, December.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1983. "Stochastic Consumption, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Asset Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 249-265, April.
- Benjamin Eden & Ariél Pakes, 1981.
"On Measuring the Variance-Age Profile of Lifetime Earnings,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 48(3), pages 385-394.
- Benjamin Eden & Ariel Pakes, 1981. "On Measuring the Variance-Age Profile of Lifetime Earnings," UCLA Economics Working Papers 196, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Mervyn A. King, 1983. "The Economics of Saving," NBER Working Papers 1247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1978.
"Rational Expectations, Econometric Exogeneity, and Consumption,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 673-700, August.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1977. "Rational expectations, econometric exogeneity and consumption," Staff Report 25, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Julio J. Rotemberg & Lawrence H. Summers, 1985. "Intertemporal Substitution in Macroeconomics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 225-251.
- Flavin, Marjorie A, 1981. "The Adjustment of Consumption to Changing Expectations about Future Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 974-1009, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph P. Dejuan & John J. Seater & Tony S. Wirjanto, 2010. "Testing the Stochastic Implications of the Permanent Income Hypothesis Using Canadian Provincial Data," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 89-108, February.
- Gilbert Colletaz & Jean-Pierre Gourlaouen, 1990. "Coïntégration et structure par terme des taux d'intérêt," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 41(4), pages 687-712.
- West, Kenneth D., 1988.
"The insensitivity of consumption to news about income,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-33, January.
- Kenneth D. West, 1987. "The Insensitivity of Consumption to News About Income," NBER Working Papers 2252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carl E. Walsh, 1985.
"Borrowing Restrictions and Wealth Constraints: Implications for Aggregate Consumption,"
NBER Working Papers
1629, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carl E. Walsh, 1986. "Borrowing restrictions and wealth constraints: implications for aggregate consumption," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 86-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1985. "Tests for Liquidity Constraints: A Critical Survey," NBER Working Papers 1720, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .