Consumer Boycotts: The Impact of the Iraq War on French Wine Sales in the U.S
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Larry Chavis & Phillip Leslie, 2009. "Consumer boycotts: The impact of the Iraq war on French wine sales in the U.S," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 37-67, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ethan Kaplan, 2007.
"The Fox News Effect: Media Bias and Voting,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 1187-1234.
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ethan Kaplan, 2006. "The Fox News Effect: Media Bias and Voting," NBER Working Papers 12169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DellaVigna, Stefano & Kaplan, Ethan, 2006. "The Fox News Effect: Media Bias and Voting," Seminar Papers 748, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- David P. Baron, 2003. "Private Politics," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 31-66, March.
- Teoh, Siew Hong & Welch, Ivo & Wazzan, C Paul, 1999.
"The Effect of Socially Activist Investment Policies on the Financial Markets: Evidence from the South African Boycott,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(1), pages 35-89, January.
- Ivo Welch & Siew Hong Teoh & Paul Wazzan, 1995. "The Effect of Socially Activist Investment Policies on the Financial Markets: Evidence from the South African Boycott," Finance _005, University of California at Los Angeles.
- Siew Hong Teoh & Christopher Paul Wazzan & Ivo Welch, 1996. "The Effect Of Socially Activist Investment Policies On The Financial Markets: Evidence From The South African Boycott," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm70, Yale School of Management.
- Koku, Paul Sergius & Akhigbe, Aigbe & Springer, Thomas M., 1997. "The Financial Impact of Boycotts and Threats of Boycott," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 15-20, September.
- Andrew John & Jill Klein, 2003. "The Boycott Puzzle: Consumer Motivations for Purchase Sacrifice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(9), pages 1196-1209, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hwang, Byoung-Hyoun, 2011. "Country-specific sentiment and security prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 382-401, May.
- Vasiliki Fouka & Joachim Voth, 2012.
"Reprisals remembered: German-Greek conflict and car sales during the Euro crisis,"
Economics Working Papers
1394, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2013.
- Fouka, Vasiliki & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2013. "Reprisals Remembered: German-Greek Conflict and Car Sales during the Euro Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9704, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vasiliki Fouka & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2013. "Reprisals Remembered: German-Greek Conflict and Car Sales during the Euro Crisis," Working Papers 726, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Guy Michaels & Xiaojia Zhi, 2010.
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 256-281, July.
- Michaels, Guy & Zhi, Xiaojia, 2007. "Freedom fries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3255, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michaels, Guy & Zhi, Xiaojia, 2007. "Freedom Fries," CEPR Discussion Papers 6380, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guy Michaels & Xiaojia Zhi, 2007. "Freedom Fries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0815, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Michaels, Guy & Zhi, Xiaojia, 2007. "Freedom fries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51598, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zijun Luo & Yonghong Zhou, 2016. "Gainers and Losers of Political Instability: Evidence from the Anti-Japanese Demonstration in China," Working Papers 1608, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Cuadras-Morató Xavier & Raya Josep Maria, 2016.
"Boycott or Buycott?: Internal Politics and Consumer Choices,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 185-218, January.
- Xavier Cuadras Morató & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "Boycott or Buycott?: Internal Politics and Consumer Choices," Working Papers 770, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Xavier Cuadras Morató & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "Boycott or buycott?: Internal politics and consumer choices," Economics Working Papers 1438, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Baron, David P., 2011. "Credence attributes, voluntary organizations, and social pressure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1331-1338.
- Wang, Zhongmin & Lee, Alvin & Polonsky, Michael, 2015. "Egregiousness and Boycott Intensity: Evidence from the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill," Discussion Papers dp-15-06, Resources For the Future.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3653-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:9:p:1958-1988 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heilmann, Kilian, 2016. "Does political conflict hurt trade? Evidence from consumer boycotts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 179-191.
- TANAKA Ayumu & ITO Banri & WAKASUGI Ryuhei, 2017. "How Do Exporters Respond to Exogenous Shocks: Evidence from Japanese firm-level data," Discussion papers 17027, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hong Canhui & Hu Wei-Min & Prieger James E. & Zhu Dongming, 2011. "French Automobiles and the Chinese Boycotts of 2008: Politics Really Does Affect Commerce," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-38, May.
- Murat Hakan Altintas & Bahar F. Kurtulmusoglu & Hans Ruediger Kaufmann & Serkan Kilic, 2013. "Consumer boycotts of foreign products: a metric model," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(34), pages 485-504, June.
- Hendel, Igal E & Lach, Saul & Spiegel, Yossi, 2015. "Consumers' Activism: the Facebook boycott of Cottage Cheese," CEPR Discussion Papers 10460, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2006-02-26 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MKT-2006-02-26 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:11981. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .