Consumer boycotts: The impact of the Iraq war on French wine sales in the U.S
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Larry Chavis & Phillip Leslie, 2006. "Consumer Boycotts: The Impact of the Iraq War on French Wine Sales in the U.S," NBER Working Papers 11981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ethan Kaplan, 2007.
"The Fox News Effect: Media Bias and Voting,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 1187-1234.
- Stefano DellaVigna & Ethan Kaplan, 2006. "The Fox News Effect: Media Bias and Voting," NBER Working Papers 12169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DellaVigna, Stefano & Kaplan, Ethan, 2006. "The Fox News Effect: Media Bias and Voting," Seminar Papers 748, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- David P. Baron, 2003. "Private Politics," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 31-66, March.
- Teoh, Siew Hong & Welch, Ivo & Wazzan, C Paul, 1999.
"The Effect of Socially Activist Investment Policies on the Financial Markets: Evidence from the South African Boycott,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(1), pages 35-89, January.
- Ivo Welch & Siew Hong Teoh & Paul Wazzan, 1995. "The Effect of Socially Activist Investment Policies on the Financial Markets: Evidence from the South African Boycott," Finance _005, University of California at Los Angeles.
- Siew Hong Teoh & Christopher Paul Wazzan & Ivo Welch, 1996. "The Effect Of Socially Activist Investment Policies On The Financial Markets: Evidence From The South African Boycott," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm70, Yale School of Management.
- Koku, Paul Sergius & Akhigbe, Aigbe & Springer, Thomas M., 1997. "The Financial Impact of Boycotts and Threats of Boycott," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 15-20, September.
- Andrew John & Jill Klein, 2003. "The Boycott Puzzle: Consumer Motivations for Purchase Sacrifice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(9), pages 1196-1209, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hwang, Byoung-Hyoun, 2011. "Country-specific sentiment and security prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 382-401, May.
- Vasiliki Fouka & Joachim Voth, 2012.
"Reprisals remembered: German-Greek conflict and car sales during the Euro crisis,"
Economics Working Papers
1394, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2013.
- Fouka, Vasiliki & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2013. "Reprisals Remembered: German-Greek Conflict and Car Sales during the Euro Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9704, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vasiliki Fouka & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2013. "Reprisals Remembered: German-Greek Conflict and Car Sales during the Euro Crisis," Working Papers 726, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Guy Michaels & Xiaojia Zhi, 2010.
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 256-281, July.
- Michaels, Guy & Zhi, Xiaojia, 2007. "Freedom fries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3255, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michaels, Guy & Zhi, Xiaojia, 2007. "Freedom Fries," CEPR Discussion Papers 6380, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guy Michaels & Xiaojia Zhi, 2007. "Freedom Fries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0815, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Michaels, Guy & Zhi, Xiaojia, 2007. "Freedom fries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51598, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zijun Luo & Yonghong Zhou, 2016. "Gainers and Losers of Political Instability: Evidence from the Anti-Japanese Demonstration in China," Working Papers 1608, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Cuadras-Morató Xavier & Raya Josep Maria, 2016.
"Boycott or Buycott?: Internal Politics and Consumer Choices,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 185-218, January.
- Xavier Cuadras Morató & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "Boycott or Buycott?: Internal Politics and Consumer Choices," Working Papers 770, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Xavier Cuadras Morató & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "Boycott or buycott?: Internal politics and consumer choices," Economics Working Papers 1438, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Baron, David P., 2011. "Credence attributes, voluntary organizations, and social pressure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1331-1338.
- Wang, Zhongmin & Lee, Alvin & Polonsky, Michael, 2015. "Egregiousness and Boycott Intensity: Evidence from the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill," Discussion Papers dp-15-06, Resources For the Future.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3653-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:9:p:1958-1988 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heilmann, Kilian, 2016. "Does political conflict hurt trade? Evidence from consumer boycotts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 179-191.
- TANAKA Ayumu & ITO Banri & WAKASUGI Ryuhei, 2017. "How Do Exporters Respond to Exogenous Shocks: Evidence from Japanese firm-level data," Discussion papers 17027, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hong Canhui & Hu Wei-Min & Prieger James E. & Zhu Dongming, 2011. "French Automobiles and the Chinese Boycotts of 2008: Politics Really Does Affect Commerce," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-38, May.
- Murat Hakan Altintas & Bahar F. Kurtulmusoglu & Hans Ruediger Kaufmann & Serkan Kilic, 2013. "Consumer boycotts of foreign products: a metric model," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(34), pages 485-504, June.
- Hendel, Igal E & Lach, Saul & Spiegel, Yossi, 2015. "Consumers' Activism: the Facebook boycott of Cottage Cheese," CEPR Discussion Papers 10460, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsBoycott; Wine; Free-riding; Consumer behavior; M31; D12; L66;
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:qmktec:v:7:y:2009:i:1:p:37-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .