Heterogeneous Agents in Multi-markets: A Coupled Map Lattices Approach
In this paper we examine assets price deviation in a multi-market system with heterogeneous investors in each market. Coupled map lattices (CML) is introduced to the market maker framework. It results in market cluster sharing the same sign of deviation in the chaotic interval. Distribution plots are applied to understand the deviation persistence enhancement from the coupling e¤ect. Besides that, external disturbance is employed to the system to examine the market pattern stability and the propagation of the disturbance. The goal of the paper is to introduce coupling e¤ect as a bridge for multi-market interactions with heterogeneous agents.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637332|
Fax: 6795 5797
Web page: http://egc.hss.ntu.edu.sg/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- He, Xue-Zhong & Westerhoff, Frank H., 2005.
"Commodity markets, price limiters and speculative price dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1577-1596, September.
- Xue-Zhong He & Frank H. Westerhoff, 2004. "Commodity Markets, Price Limiters and Speculative Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 136, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Brock, W.A. & Hommes, C.H., 1996.
"Hetergeneous Beliefs and Routes to Chaos in a Simple Asset Pricing Model,"
9621, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Brock, William A. & Hommes, Cars H., 1998. "Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1235-1274, August.
- Xue-Zhong (Tony) He & Carl Chiarella, 2001.
"Asset Price and Wealth Dynamics under Heterogeneous Expectations,"
CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001
5A.2, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- C. Chiarella & X-Z. He, 2001. "Asset price and wealth dynamics under heterogeneous expectations," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(5), pages 509-526.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He, 2001. "Asset Price and Wealth Dynamics Under Heterogeneous Expectations," Research Paper Series 56, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Day, R. & Huang, W., 1988.
"Bulls, Bears And Market Sheep,"
m8822, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Xue-Zhong He, 2005.
"Heterogeneous Expectations and Speculative Behaviour in a Dynamic Multi-Asset Framework,"
Research Paper Series
166, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, Carl & Dieci, Roberto & He, Xue-Zhong, 2007. "Heterogeneous expectations and speculative behavior in a dynamic multi-asset framework," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 408-427, March.
- Chiarella, Carl & Dieci, Roberto & Gardini, Laura, 2006.
"Asset price and wealth dynamics in a financial market with heterogeneous agents,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1755-1786.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Laura Gardini, 2004. "Asset Price and Wealth Dynamics in a Financial Market with Heterogeneous Agents," Research Paper Series 134, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci, 2004. "Asset price and wealth dynamics in a financial market with heterogeneous agents," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 261, Society for Computational Economics.
- Weihong HUANG & Zhenxi CHEN, 2012. "Regional Financial Markets With Common Currency," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1210, Nanyang Technological University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Xue-Zhong He & Youwei Li, 2008. "Heterogeneity, convergence, and autocorrelations," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 59-79.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nan:wpaper:1211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magdalene Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.