The formation of social preferences : some lessons from psychology and biology
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Levy-Garboua, Louis & Meidinger, Claude & Rapoport, Benoit, 2006. "The Formation of Social Preferences: Some Lessons from Psychology and Biology," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Meidinger & Benoit Rapoport, 2006. "The Formation of Social Preferences: Some Lessons from Psychology and Biology," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00311157, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- P-A. Jouvet & P. Michel & G. Rotillon, 2002.
"Capital Allocation and International Equilibrium with Pollution Permits,"
THEMA Working Papers
2002-02, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Gilles Rotillon, 2012. "Capital Allocation and International Equilibrium with Pollution Permits," Post-Print hal-01449910, HAL.
- Stijn Reinhard & C. A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Analysis of Environmental Efficiency Variation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1054-1065.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1993. "Derivation of Shadow Prices for Undesirable Outputs: A Distance Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 374-380, May.
- Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 1994. "North-South Trade and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 755-787.
- Noll, Roger G, 1982. "Implementing Marketable Emissions Permits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 120-124, May.
- Stokey, Nancy L, 1998. "Are There Limits to Growth?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel & Morard, Bernard, 1993. "The impact of corporate pollution on market valuation: some empirical evidence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 135-155, October.
- Bohm, Peter & Russell, Clifford S., 1985. "Comparative analysis of alternative policy instruments," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics,in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 395-460 Elsevier.
- Pittman, Russell W, 1983. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons with Undesirable Outputs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 883-891, December.
- Hahn, Robert W, 1989. "Economic Prescriptions for Environmental Problems: How the Patient Followed the Doctor's Orders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 95-114, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lévy-Garboua, Louis & Masclet, David & Montmarquette, Claude, 2009.
"A behavioral Laffer curve: Emergence of a social norm of fairness in a real effort experiment,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 147-161, April.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & David Masclet & Claude Montmarquette, 2008. "A Behavioral Laffer Curve: Emergence of a Social Norm of Fairness in a Real Effort Experiment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00340459, HAL.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & David Masclet & Claude Montmarquette, 2009. "A Behavioral Laffer Curve: Emergence of a Social Norm of Fairness in a Real Effort Experiment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00350260, HAL.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:28-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Küpper, Hans-Ulrich & Sandner, Kai, 2008. "Differences in Social Preferences - Are They Profitable for the Firm?," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 2122, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Jean Mercier-Ythier, 2010. "The Aggregation of Individual Distributive Preferences through the Distributive Liberal Social Contract : Normative Analysis," Working Papers of BETA 2010-01, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Philippe Batifoulier & Nicolas Da Silva, 2014. "The economic behaviour of doctors: medical altruism without an ethic?," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-9, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
More about this item
KeywordsFormation of social preferences; psychology; social psychology sociale; biology;
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2004-12-12 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2004-12-02 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2004-12-12 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2004-12-12 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-URE-2004-12-02 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:bla04010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/msep1fr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .