A possibilistic approach to latent structure analysis for symmetric fuzzy data
In many situations the available amount of data is huge and can be intractable. When the data set is single valued, latent structure models are recognized techniques, which provide a useful compression of the information. This is done by considering a regression model between observed and unobserved (latent) fuzzy variables. In this paper, an extension of latent structure analysis to deal with fuzzy data is proposed. Our extension follows the possibilistic approach, widely used both in the cluster and regression frameworks. In this case, the possibilistic approach involves the formulation of a latent structure analysis for fuzzy data by optimization. Specifically, a non-linear programming problem in which the fuzziness of the model is minimized is introduced. In order to show how our model works, the results of two applications are given.
|Date of creation:||30 Dec 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via De Sanctis, 86100 Campobasso|
Web page: http://www.unimol.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cheng, Ching-Hsue & Yang, Kuo-Lung & Hwang, Chia-Lung, 1999. "Evaluating attack helicopters by AHP based on linguistic variable weight," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 423-435, July.
- Cheng, Ching-Hsue & Lin, Yin, 2002. "Evaluating the best main battle tank using fuzzy decision theory with linguistic criteria evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 174-186, October.
- Coppi, Renato & D'Urso, Pierpaolo, 2003. "Three-way fuzzy clustering models for LR fuzzy time trajectories," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 149-177, June.
- Giordani, Paolo & Kiers, Henk A. L., 2004. "Principal Component Analysis of symmetric fuzzy data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 519-548, April.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth, 1999. "Fuzzy scores of technical efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 529-541, June.
- D'Urso, Pierpaolo, 2003. "Linear regression analysis for fuzzy/crisp input and fuzzy/crisp output data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 47-72, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mol:ecsdps:esdp03014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.