Bank Efficiency in the Enlarged European Union
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roessl, Petra & Haiss, Peter, 2008. "Signals of foreign bank entry on real sector FDI and foreign trade and their impact on economic development in the New EU Member States," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 36, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Joseph Kwadwo Tuffour & Kenneth Ofori-Boateng & Williams Ohemen, 2020. "Efficiency of Listed Banks Operations and Stock Price Movements," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 10(1), pages 219-227.
- Cândida Ferreira, 2011. "Efficiency and integration in European banking markets," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/08, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Martin Ivanov & Gergana Mihaylova, 2008. "The Evolution of Bulgarian Banks' Efficiency During the Twenties: A Dea Approach," Working Papers 82, Bank of Greece.
- Kalyvas, Antonios Nikolaos & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel, 2014.
"Does business regulation matter for banks in the European Union?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 278-324.
- Mamatzakis, E, 2014. "Does Business Regulation Matter for Banks in the European Union?," MPRA Paper 60200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fotios Pasiouras, 2008. "International evidence on the impact of regulations and supervision on banks’ technical efficiency: an application of two-stage data envelopment analysis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 187-223, February.
- Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Staikouras, Christos & Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia, 2008. "Bank efficiency in the new European Union member states: Is there convergence?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1156-1172, December.
- Cândida Ferreira, 2011. "European integration and banking efficiency: a panel cost frontier approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/04, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Mukesh Kumar & Charles Vincent, 2010. "Benchmarking Indian banks using DEA in post-reform period: a progressive time-weighted mean approach," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(14), pages 2455-2485, June.
- Marko Košak & Peter Zajc & Jelena Zorić, 2009. "Bank efficiency differences in the new EU member states," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 67-90, December.
- Tecles, Patricia Langsch & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2010.
"Determinants of bank efficiency: The case of Brazil,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1587-1598, December.
- Patricia Tecles & Benjamin M. Tabak, 2010. "Determinants of Bank Efficiency: the Case of Brazil," Working Papers Series 210, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Katarzyna Kubiszewska, 2016. "The assessment of the situation in banking sectors in selected European countries," Ekonomia i Prawo, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 15(2), pages 193-208, June.
- Eller, Markus & Haiss, Peter & Steiner, Katharina, 2006. "Foreign direct investment in the financial sector and economic growth in Central and Eastern Europe: The crucial role of the efficiency channel," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 300-319, December.
- Anastasia Koutsomanoli-Filippaki & Dimitris Margaritis & Christos Staikouras, 2012. "Profit efficiency in the European Union banking industry: a directional technology distance function approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 277-293, June.
- Adam Baszynski, 2014. "X-inefficiency of commercial banks in the countries of Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe," Ekonomia i Prawo, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 13(2), pages 259-274, June.
More about this item
Keywordsparametric approach; X- and alternative profit-efficiency; Fourier-flexible functional form; banking system.;
All these keywords.
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2006-04-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-04-29 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-04-29 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mnb:wpaper:2006/3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mnbgvhu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lorant Kaszab The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Lorant Kaszab to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mnbgvhu.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.